Panathanaikos Attempt 18 - Live Updates

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 18 WHITE STIG ATTEMPT

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

The stig when he reads this will reveal his name a few people know allready :wink:
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 31 Oct 2009, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Panathanaikos Attempt 18 - Live Updates

Post by jamesthegill »

Dudey?
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
palkanetoijala31

jamesthegill wrote:Dudey?
I think after the luck he had on tube 15 i put him off forever nope not him.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Has anyone found out who the Stig was yet?!! :wink:

And to correct you Matt - I was merely asked if I was Andi's mystery Challenger for his attempt on the 9th October, which I am not! There was no mention of me not going out yesterday, as well as there being no speculation on here of me being the Stig :D

Glad that I gave you all something to debate and speculate over yesterday, was good to come out of retirement for the attempt (which also served as part of my marathon training), some excellent connections early on, including (and I'm sure Andi won't mind me publicising this) an excellent arrival High Barnet --> departing Cockfosters time of 17 minutes thanks mainly to an exceptional run.

However, luck really wasn't on our side as 10 minutes at Walthamstow really screwed us over on our ad lib plan (ie. largely made up on the spot following earlier connections), as well as for the latter part of the afternoon having almost every train stopping just outside of the station and trains willingly shutting their doors just as we arrived on platforms. Must say that I've never experienced such continuing prolonged bad luck as yesterday! Decided that we would do a completion to set a 270 time and to maintain my 100% completion record, but having got to Warren Street with the home stretch more or less in sight, we find that the Northern Line was suspended from there. Game over.

Was good fun though, and am looking forward to CiN and seeing most of you again!
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

Steeevooo wrote:including (and I'm sure Andi won't mind me publicising this) an excellent arrival High Barnet --> departing Cockfosters time of 17 minutes thanks mainly to an exceptional run.
:shock:

That's an incredible time for that run! It's such a shame the Northern folded on you later on. Better luck next time.
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
palkanetoijala31

mps247 wrote:I think dudey was the first to guess SK... I have no idea how good a runner he is - probably amazing, but I've never been on a tube challenge with him to say that for certain (I am a little too new to know who is or isn't a good runner... I only know I am not one!).

Talking about SK, I remember him mentioning that Adham was a very good runner (Goodge Street to Russell Square in 5 minutes)... I would place a bet on SK, with a small amount reserved for the longshot Adham.
If it had been of Mr SK i would have probably been waiting 10 mins for him at Cockfosters yes i had heard that adham is a fast runner fancy coming out of retirement :?:
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
mps247 wrote:I think dudey was the first to guess SK... I have no idea how good a runner he is - probably amazing, but I've never been on a tube challenge with him to say that for certain (I am a little too new to know who is or isn't a good runner... I only know I am not one!).

Talking about SK, I remember him mentioning that Adham was a very good runner (Goodge Street to Russell Square in 5 minutes)... I would place a bet on SK, with a small amount reserved for the longshot Adham.
If it had been of Mr SK i would have probably been waiting 10 mins for him at Cockfosters yes i had heard that adham is a fast runner fancy coming out of retirement :?:
Do you want me to wait for you at Cockfosters on 28th Oct Andi :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:

Do you want me to wait for you at Cockfosters on 28th Oct Andi :wink:
I think there is a more chance of Labour winning next general election than that happening Kevin unless i run with u and let u win :wink:
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Did you chaps run straight from High Barnet to Cockfosters?
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

That would be telling now, wouldn't it... :wink:
palkanetoijala31

Do you want me to wait for you at Cockfosters on 28th Oct Andi

I think this boast went out the window seeing as i was there 14 mins before u
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Do you want me to wait for you at Cockfosters on 28th Oct Andi

I think this boast went out the window seeing as i was there 14 mins before u
Only because of bus mis-information my friend, had I known it was going to be another 13 minutes I would have joined you on the 84....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold