Worst run?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
geofftech
All Zones

Worst run?

Post by geofftech »

trains
Last edited by geofftech on 18 Nov 2013, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
lazza747

Re: Worst run?

Post by lazza747 »

geofftech wrote:Right,

well mainly i'm starting this because no one else seems to be posting anything yet!

and you could argue that this is giving bits away, so i'm only going to mention some things which i think are obvious anyway:

what are people's least favourite "on foot" runs?

I'd have to plump for Ickenham TO West Rusilip (rather than the other way round) because it's up hill... and then, anyone that is mad enough to do the whole of the section on foot between High Barnet and Cockfosters.

I believe at least 3 groups of people have done this all through running, rather than take the 384/307 etc...
I think we were resigned to that one due to the Metropolitan cancellation at Uxbridge. Getting that Met train would have meant we could have WALKED it bearing in mind the frequency of Central line trains from West Ruislip at that time of night.

High Barnet to Cockfosters - why do people run it? It surely can't be quicker unless you wait more than 7 or 8 minutes for a bus at High Barnet can it?

And as for Knightsbridge to Sloane Square ... you're all welcome to do that if you want (of course, you'd need a logistical route-based reason to) so pray for a bus!

Didn't Alistair Bell run Mill Hill East to Finchley Central (or at least consider it?)
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I think the worst run is Ickenham- West Ruislip (that's if you do that run at all), also Gunnersbury- Chiswick Park is rather bad.
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

joy54 wrote:I think the worst run is Ickenham- West Ruislip (that's if you do that run at all), also Gunnersbury- Chiswick Park is rather bad.
I think you need a personal trainer, or a treadmill.

At the moment, I'm making Geoff and Neil run 10k a day in training for Tube 8. :wink:
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

G Force wrote:
joy54 wrote:I think the worst run is Ickenham- West Ruislip (that's if you do that run at all), also Gunnersbury- Chiswick Park is rather bad.
I think you need a personal trainer, or a treadmill.

At the moment, I'm making Geoff and Neil run 10k a day in training for Tube 8. :wink:
Bollocks to that.

I'm running 2 miles every three days. I've down to about 20 minutes at the moment which is hardly marathon record pace but I want to get it down to about 15.

At my age I need to keep fit to fight the middle age bulge that's due in the next 15 years!
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Sperm Receptacles to you to! :D

I'm running 5 miles every night Neil .. are you a slacker or what?

I've just remembered that North Harrow to Rayners Lane is a killer as well ...
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

geofftech wrote:Sperm Receptacles to you to! :D

I'm running 5 miles every night Neil .. are you a slacker or what?

I've just remembered that North Harrow to Rayners Lane is a killer as well ...
Lying bastard ...

I've seen you the last two evenings and I don't recall much running going on. Beer drinking yes - no running :-)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

geofftech wrote: I'm running 5 miles every night Neil .. are you a slacker or what?
That's still short of 10k. Not good enough, tut, tut!
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

G Force wrote:
geofftech wrote: I'm running 5 miles every night Neil .. are you a slacker or what?
That's still short of 10k. Not good enough, tut, tut!
The clue to the nature of this challenge is in the word "Tube", so running isn't THAT important. Yes, we need to be able to run 1.2km uphill in 5 minutes but I can do that so we've got no worries :-)
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

the run that i am currently hating forever is borough to southwark...

also farringdon to chancery lane was kind of a dreaded moment on the zone 1 day, although ive never used that in a real record attempt
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Zeibura wrote:the run that i am currently hating forever is borough to southwark...
Personally I cant see much of an advantage of doing that run. Its a just over 1k run, plus time to get up and down from the platforms, you are looking at 8mins+, which is a similarish time to getting between those stations by tube.
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

it always seemed quicker when you get off borough going south, and take eastbound from southwark - or coming at southwark from west and going north from borough.
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
Alan B
Zone 1

Post by Alan B »

Evening All,

I think the most depressing run from my perspective has to be Preston Road to South Kenton, purely because it transpired that it wasn't actually something we needed to do. After finding ourselves on the same train as Geoff and Neil when they were doing some practicing early last year, we half killed ourselves running, only to end up on the same train as them about 20 minutes later, despite them not having to run at all.

At the time, I was most annoyed, but ended up talking to the lads, and have since put the run down as one of many lessons learned.

Congratuations on Tube8 by the way! Am half contemplating having another go myself... perhaps when things warm up a little though!

Al
toontoon75
Zone 1

Post by toontoon75 »

The toughest is North harrow to West Harrow when you only have 5 minutes to do it in. Made it with a forward dive to make sure the doors couldn;t close...
spoogie37
Zone 1

Hammersmity (H&C) to Kensington (Olympia)

Post by spoogie37 »

Anyone tried? Can also get a bus if you see one.