Getting back to base

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Wanstead
Zone 4

Getting back to base

Post by Wanstead »

I'm thinking if you end up finishing in any of the usual extremities how you get back to where you started from? Do people rely on a friend with a car to drop them back to base or are there sometimes trains, etc, running past midnight? :)

I guess the only reliable alternative is to arrange things the night before, eg park up near the finish point then get yourself back to where you'll start the next day...
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
palkanetoijala31

Re: Getting back to base

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Wanstead wrote:I'm thinking if you end up finishing in any of the usual extremities how you get back to where you started from? Do people rely on a friend with a car to drop them back to base or are there sometimes trains, etc, running past midnight? :)

I guess the only reliable alternative is to arrange things the night before, eg park up near the finish point then get yourself back to where you'll start the next day...
For example on every t5 finish i have done i have until 00.55 to finish coach leaves then to b,mouth for an amersham finish i take the car and park it up in the back streets and make way back to start point for next day.
mps247
Zone 4

Re: Getting back to base

Post by mps247 »

I have never done the full network, but I have flown into Heathrow on a delayed flight that arrived at about 1 in the morning (if I recall correctly). It isn't much of a problem to get to central London from Heathrow at any time, as the N9 will take you to Aldwych via Hammersmith and Piccadilly Circus, where you can connect for other night buses.