BAKERLOO LINE DOWN IN MID WEEK WHY.?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
palkanetoijala31

BAKERLOO LINE DOWN IN MID WEEK WHY.?

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well our planned attempt on Friday August 28th has been scuppered all ready because of a possible enigineering works on bakerloo can any forum member explain this. :?: it never occured to me to look for an enigineering cause in mid week
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: BAKERLOO LINE DOWN IN MID WEEK WHY.?

Post by tubeguru »

I can explain to you how to use the internet to go to the Underground's website, where you will find news of this engineering work if you like.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Well our planned attempt on Friday August 28th has been scuppered all ready because of a possible enigineering works on bakerloo can any forum member explain this. :?: it never occured to me to look for an enigineering cause in mid week
Not sure if this helps but the engineering work is only taking place from the Thursday to the Sunday, so the rest of the week prior to the closure full service is in operation.
palkanetoijala31

tubeguru wrote:I can explain to you how to use the internet to go to the Underground's website, where you will find news of this engineering work if you like.
well i knew how to do that but it is very unlikely circumstances i didnt even think to check it glad i did before friday.
palkanetoijala31

joy54 wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Well our planned attempt on Friday August 28th has been scuppered all ready because of a possible enigineering works on bakerloo can any forum member explain this. :?: it never occured to me to look for an enigineering cause in mid week
Not sure if this helps but the engineering work is only taking place from the Thursday to the Sunday, so the rest of the week prior to the closure full service is in operation.
doesnt help as i booked only the friday off.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
joy54 wrote:
doesnt help as i booked only the friday off.
Andi I am off all week how about Weds?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

What a disgrace. I'm getting a little brassed off by all these engineering works. Can't they do it during the 1am-5am breaks of service?
If not, can't they just shut the flaming network over Christmas one year, and do EVERYTHING in a week?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

I am extremely brassed off, on leave this week and been training hard and was looking forward to my first "non" charity full network with Andi :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Lets be honest guys, surely you'd be more brassed off if your Bakerloo train derailed because they hadn't completed the works....
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Sam wrote:Lets be honest guys, surely you'd be more brassed off if your Bakerloo train derailed because they hadn't completed the works....
Or hadn't realised until we got to the Bakerloo line on Friday :lol:
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Be greatful for small mercies.

I feel a bit of an idiot though, offering to support but at the same time advising my passengers of the closure, never put two and two together, d'oh!!! :oops:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver