Photo Quiz 7.17 (now finished)

Previous rounds of the Photo Quiz live here
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Re: Photo Quiz 7.17 (now finished)

Post by Edgemaster »

jbom1 wrote:Well, it took me ages to get this, but at least I can now tell the difference between the inside of a Jubilee and a Northern train. It turns out that the rather striking building is a block of flats called Jubilee Heights.
Wow, that's quite detailed research, my method was to identify the train - obviously 96 stock, so on the Jubilee, then I looked at station architecture, which was...limited from the picture, but ruled out the JLE. Next step was to select all the island platforms, then compare platform surface, then finally to scour Google Aerial for the tower block...
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Edgemaster wrote:
jbom1 wrote:Well, it took me ages to get this, but at least I can now tell the difference between the inside of a Jubilee and a Northern train. It turns out that the rather striking building is a block of flats called Jubilee Heights.
Wow, that's quite detailed research, my method was to identify the train - obviously 96 stock, so on the Jubilee, then I looked at station architecture, which was...limited from the picture, but ruled out the JLE. Next step was to select all the island platforms, then compare platform surface, then finally to scour Google Aerial for the tower block...
Whereas all those on my Facebook friends list could've just looked at the photos I uploaded the other day, as the exact same one is on there - which is what Dudey was going on about up thread. (And before anyone complains - not one of the people who guessed it correctly is on my friends list, so there's really no advantage gained)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

Edgemaster wrote: Wow, that's quite detailed research, my method was to identify the train - obviously 96 stock, so on the Jubilee, then I looked at station architecture, which was...limited from the picture, but ruled out the JLE. Next step was to select all the island platforms, then compare platform surface, then finally to scour Google Aerial for the tower block...
Almost exactly the same as my strategy, except that I couldn't recognise the building from above, nor was I completely confident in ruling out all the JLE stations. The island platform was a useful clue, as was the (paved) platform surface. So it took me rather too long and I ended up looking at the detailed design of the roundel and comparing with a site that has one from each station.