TUBE 15 DUDEY,DELAYS AND DETERMINATION

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Flying Finn 15th attempt live updates

Post by tubeguru »

Umm, did this take place yesterday or something?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

It's this Friday 27th I believe.......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well I wish he'd tell us. The thread title and posts implies that the challenge is taking place now.

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

It is on Friday March 27th if u read other posts i cant put any posts Thursday or Friday so have put it up now to update.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

When's your birthday?

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

July 14th Bastille day in france why.?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm going to send you a bag of punctuation marks and capital letters. :roll:

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Andi confirmed an early connection had gone better than planned and they were around 5 mins up....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

They have just re-surfaced after long time underground and are "down a little but not too much"
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Now down 20 minutes as Andi put it "due to those W*%£+!? at Aldgate" Not his favourite station that one :!:
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Now 10 mins down due a rather "nifty" Kenton
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

Game over, 40 mins down due to Bakerloo line problems and they had a big delay getting to Lambeth North. Currently up at Cockfosters and will press on so dudey can complete 1st full network...
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Definately is game over now. Attempt officially aborted at 2110 at Finsbury Park due to the Victoria line being severly mashed up! 6-7 minutes for a southbound train which then sat in the platform... not much better northbound with a backlog of trains trying to enter Seven Sisters due to misplaced drivers.

However Andi is still going till the end to get another completion.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

And hence forth i did complete after the system threw one delay after another at me finished in a time of 18h 37m 10s.My completion rate is in the double figures now.
palkanetoijala31

Well this attempt will go down as the worst I think I,ve ever had we seemed to run into every delay at the worst time and couldn,t understand some of the trains not moving. :?:

First delay was just outside Gunnersbury going to Turnham Green the train just sat there for 10 mins.But we continued on got lucky with a tram at Wimbledon and made various changes to make it out on to the District Line.We did an unusual way of doing it splitting it in 2 getting a c2c out of west ham with a nifty change and doing the same again backwards.

Ran into Aldgate and the board said Uxbridge train 4 mins sat in platform got on board and waited and waited 10,11,12,13 mins a Circle pulls in cue mass pandomanium on platform.Even the Circle line driver gets out and goes whats up and behold 1 min later the Uxbridge driver goes why did he wait for a F***ing Circle train why (quite a few comments came out here from my mouth which were not appropirate).This puts us some 24 mins behind schedule but with some nifty good running and 1 better change we make it down to 14 mins cue my 2nd least Favourtie station Uxbridge.

All it would have taken is for some driver to have sense and open both doors (cross platform) or the other driver to wait a few seconds but no this is Tfl no common sense there this cost us an outside chance of getting all our 14 mins back.So we had to settle for a slowish run to West Ruislip which gave us at least a 2 min toilet break at Leyton and perfect Woodford via Hainault train.

Round up to Epping and back down to Jubilee and the whole line was taken out as we arrived back in Canons Park the traffic was heavy but a bus 79 there took it but got out 1 stop and ran beat over 4 buses which were stuck in traffic to Edgware some feat eh!.

Train at Edgware was a bank branch so we got out at E&C and yet again waited and waited 15 mins i think for a bloody Bakerloo to go out all this meant we were now roughly 40 mins down and taken out quaint Mill Hill East and onwards High Barnet.Now it is no secret i run up the hill right it has only 1 vulnerability 10 secs just at the top of the hill if a bus 307 was there at that precise 10s and guess the bad luck that followed (needed support team there wishfully)besides a bad decision went on a bus 384 direct i think we had totally giving up at this point although we never lost time despite going round the houses.

But no the network had more delays at Finsbury Park slow trains going Southbound and Northbound due to Victoria signal failure (15 min wait) or something just shortly after this Dudey threw in the towel i cant say i blame him.I had plenty of hours left so struggled on with it to the bitter end finally some good luck an Olympia service near enough when i wanted it on time at Earls Court and a reasonably bus to HSK got me to a 1h 7m behind.

Could my good luck continue hell no a Hammersmith H&C pulls away me 2 secs from getting on it so waits again talks to Sara at this point to prevent me swearing.

Got down to the Piccadilly line at Hatton Cross for the final part roughly an hour down a 18h 10m finish had the F***ing,Wa**ering system finished with me tormenting me punishing me by heck no.

11 mins wait for t4 then a 14m wait for a t5 at T123 so put me back to a 18h 37m 10s

Start Time 05.28.10
Finish time 24.05.20

glad to of completed at all with so much bad luck my sissu showed through here i was not letting the system beat me this time.

My ponchant for naming all of my attempts on my piczo page this has been called

Dudey,Delays&Determination
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 28 Mar 2009, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.