TUBE 12 MEDIA ATTEMPT/TUBE 13 CHARLIE,CALAMITY & COMPLETION

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Re: Media Attempt.

Post by CSouthwell »

Can't wait for tomorrows attempt.

First time i will see most of these stations.

:D
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

CSouthwell wrote:Can't wait for tomorrows attempt. First time i will see most of these stations.:D
Good luck Charlie, I hope that you enjoy your first attempt.
One day I shall return!
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Was that "good, on the bloody train"? If so, not very informative.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Andi is currently on for a definite finish and is heading up to the Met now.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Service has been good all day, could be a fast time!
One day I shall return!
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Andi was waiting at Moor Park and is on for an 18:02 finish!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

joy54 wrote:Andi was waiting at Moor Park and is on for an 18:02 finish!
He must have changed route or something gone horribly wrong at the end? If he was heading up the Met at just after 21:00 the time should have been a belter.
One day I shall return!
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

My knee popped out during the last run, which meant me and tangy missed a Watford train which would have seen us finish half an hour earlier.

I don't think i reliased how much it hurt until i got home though, can barely walk this morning.

We ended up with an 18.07, (But Ando could have done much better without me probably!!!) :( (I'll train harder for next time) hehe. crap pun.

Also duly noted that oyster cards are crap, and i shouldn't have used it. Cost me far more than expected somehow, and also cost me 15 mins or so whilst a very unhelpful station attendant pottered around at sloane square.

Really enjoyed it, and hear that we were the first people to complete the 270?... which is cool. Definatley beatable though... So I'll go again. :)
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

Ohhhh. you big spoilsport. ;)

Fair enough, Andi couldnt remember if that attempt had been the 270 or not.

Was fun though, deinatley could get a better time if i did it again i think.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

First may i say we were not particular informative yesterday this was for many reasons.

1. The credit round out on my phone had to wait a few hours for a top up.
2. We spent long hours underground and people were phoning us at the wrong points when we above ground.

We completed all 270 in a time of 18h 07m 16s

Also our route is the first non Amersham start to finish for quite some time.

Charlie had the most expensive tube challenge ever £40 quid on a oystercard (neil im not discussing oystercards unless u want to ban me for a week :lol: ).

Tangy had a sprained ankle so wasnt running as fast as usual.

Quote of the day at Harrow & Whealdstone from the driver this is an express service non stop to Elephant & castle pity we have to stop in between.

I was the hare of the day set off way ahead to catch most of the trains and wait for the other 2 except at North Harrow where i collapsed on the train after running from west harrow in 5m 14s the train was 4 mins behind at Preston Road how i made it i never know.But i decide to have a long rest at Watford for them to catch up (Charlie because of a 10 min wait at harrow that cost us the Amersham train).

The start went very well and for the first 7 hours we were 10 mins ahead of gwr even 14 mins at 1 stage We like the Media team had the perfect Ken o,Mhe Direct and the Woodford via Hainault train we were slightly ahead and managed that train instead.

After a Run i havent done for a while we preceded we had some small runs in the centre for our planned train down to sloane sq we were running just a min late on the plan due to slow driver.But then a bit of disaster Charlie oystercard which had £20 on at start said insufficient funds and wouldnt let him out of station so spent i think 10 min sorting that out.Meanwhile i successfully did a Sloane Square to Knightsbridge run beating the bus 22 on the same route i got to the station on time made up the minute but had to let 3 trains go past.

All this palaver cost us 16 mins in total and because of the time we had to change a few more than we wanted which cost us another 5 mins so we estimated 20 mins down we stuck at this for a long while only losing a few extra minutes due to lack of stamina.So 30 mins down all the way up to Preston Road a long wait at Harrow & Whealdstone cost us a 17h 32m finish so had to settle for a 18h 02 finish but train at end was slightly later than planned.
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

Was fun though. :D
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

Oh and Andi, once the adrenaline left my body, the knee really isnt good at all.

Hobbling round all day, today, and rather painful. Manning up and grinng through it though, as it was a terrrific day.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

CSouthwell wrote:Oh and Andi, once the adrenaline left my body, the knee really isnt good at all.

Hobbling round all day, today, and rather painful. Manning up and grinng through it though, as it was a terrrific day.
Oh Dear to make u feel better i feel gr8 :) but then i have done it 13 times now at least u have proved something for any other rookies wishing to try its not as easy as it looks.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

CSouthwell wrote:Oh and Andi, once the adrenaline left my body, the knee really isnt good at all.

I'm guessing your Facebook pic will be a pic of your dodgy knee, for "No walking at all" today ;)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
CSouthwell
Zone 1

Post by CSouthwell »

Haha.... it may well be. To be honest... i had almost forgotten about all that.

Feel absolutley exhausted.

Dont think the broken nights sleep before hand helped. Felt like so much longer than 18 hours.

Can't wait to get into shape and give it another bash.