Zone 1 Challenge - FRIDAY 29th MAY 2009

All you need to know and discuss about the 2009 Zone 1 Challenge.
Root
All Zones

Re: Zone 1 day Friday May 29th 2009

Post by Root »

The date is set, already?

Last year, if you recall, there was a poll with multiple date choices available. Each prospective attendee could vote for every date that suited them, thus allowing the organisers to see which date might draw the biggest crowd. That was a good system.

This year's selection process seems to have been rather hasty. It seems like you set the date in stone after just a handful people said it was a good day for them.

There is only a very slim chance that I will be able to make the event this year, due to being in the army. I do not yet know my exact timetable, but I probably will by this time next week. There's a possibility I'll have a week's holiday in May, and a possibility I could fly to London during that week. If you had waited a while, I could have let you know which dates would be good for me, whereas presently I cannot indicate a preference.

Really, what's the rush?
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Have you actually spoken to the H & G yet and confirmed the room is available and that they will open the kitchen a little earlier than normal. Also if you have from what start - finish time :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Going Underground wrote:Have you actually spoken to the H & G yet and confirmed the room is available and that they will open the kitchen a little earlier than normal. Also if you have from what start - finish time :?:

Yes room is available from the same times as last year around 3pm-8pm on the friday May 29th nothing is set in stone about the date my Finnish Friend but if we dont get cracking on deciding on a date that suits most people.Then people will not be able to get holidays booked etc.I provisionally booked the room on that date so somebode else couldnt nick it.I will add the poll for all the dates in friday if u wish see which is better for people.
palkanetoijala31

Zone 1 day Friday May 29th 2009

To get things cracking so i can get people to book days off work and arrange travel arrangements all the dates for friday in may are here please vote for ur Best Option only if u have a second preference please then leave a message.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Zone 1 Challenge 2009

Post by tubeguru »

OK, as this is getting a little silly now I have taken the following action:

1. Two threads with the same title have been merged into one with the original poll deleted
2. The thread title has been changed to "Zone 1 Challenge 2009"
3. The abysmal spelling in the title of the thread and the poll title have been turned into readable English

Let the pointless arguing about who has which dates off for exams commence.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I understand the need to have a date early so that people can book time off work and travel arrangements - this affects me too - but surely there is still enough breathing space to wait a little longer.

I shall cast my vote in the near future, although I have a feeling that it will be irrelevant now anyway.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
palkanetoijala31

tubeguru wrote:OK, as this is getting a little silly now I have taken the following action:

1. Two threads with the same title have been merged into one with the original poll deleted
2. The thread title has been changed to "Zone 1 Challenge 2009"
3. The abysmal spelling in the title of the thread and the poll title have been turned into readable English

Let the pointless arguing about who has which dates off for exams commence.
Thank u neil :oops: is it possible to put it at the top in a seperate thread as well.? and have me as a moderator i improve my spelling.
Zoe
Zone 2

Re: Zone 1 Challenge 2009 - ALL DISCUSSION

Post by Zoe »

Does everyone have to be at the starting station at 1 PM or is that the time when the station is decided?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I see no reason why the rules shouldn't be exactly the same as last year. We appear to have formulated a set of rules that work now.

Member of sweet FA
Zoe
Zone 2

Post by Zoe »

I have done some calculations and it works out cheaper to go via Paddington as I can avoid an overnight stay. I guess it would be a good idea to be low on luggage as you have to carry it round with you.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

The Zone 1 2009 thread in Tube Challenge Chat has also been merged into this one now.

Can you people please stop creating new topics for the same bloody thing? It makes work for me! :roll:

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

tubeguru wrote:I see no reason why the rules shouldn't be exactly the same as last year. We appear to have formulated a set of rules that work now.
I will have to tweak 1 rule Neil but as u say its a good idea.
palkanetoijala31

I leave the poll running for a few more days until monday but the evidence speaks for itself i sort out after my jan 12th attempt
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

We have made our airline reservations today!

See you all on May 29th!
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

It looks like we have a date.

Member of sweet FA