Bustitution

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Well, our route doesn't really have a snap-on Piccadilly bit, and we've only done one for the whole thing.

Basically, should it NOT be re-opened in time, then we'll have to think up another route anyway, and we may end up doing the section earlier in the day. But if LU are almost ready to go with the line, I can't see them postponing it's re-opening by another 3 weeks..
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

So it didn't occur to you to have two routes for either eventuality then? :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

No, it did.

But we spent hours on the one we have now, and we thought 'soddit,' in hope that we wouldnt need another.

Laziness does sometimes pay off, you know..
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Senji wrote:Typically, of course, JourneyPlanner now has the replacement bus services; just as we start to think they might be back to normal by the day...
JourneyPlanner has had the buses listed for weeks but they have only been activated on a week by week bais. When I checked my route two weeks ago - I had to enter a weekday in July rather than August to get the bus services - they haven't changed since.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Nutteronabus wrote:No, it did.

But we spent hours on the one we have now, and we thought 'soddit,' in hope that we wouldnt need another.

Laziness does sometimes pay off, you know..
The good thing about ours is that we're simply using Tube 8 as a template. If the Piccadilly opens then we just re-do Tube 8 which we know will get us round even at walking speed during changes (delays notwithstanding).

If not, then I altered the middle section to get round the closed section without radically changing things AND ensuring no repetitions. The route eventually joins back up with the original Tube 8 later in the afternoon.

Actually I was so pleased with my solution to the Piccadilly being off that I kind of WANT it to be off now so I can try it out :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA