Children in need day

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Children in need day

Post by Soup Dragon »

Fundraising update..... Boris's Blazing Blues currently on £458 plus approx £300 of pledges.
If the other teams can give an updated figure it would be great so we can give the total raised on the radio tomorrow.
One day I shall return!
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Well good luck all of you. I might donate something, depending on how much money is fleeced off me tomorrow at work for this :) I'll be watching the updates with interest...
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
Mr Riley
Zone 1

Post by Mr Riley »

good luck everybody looks like a good day for it
''Living the Life of Riley''
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Just listening to Antony on BBC Southern Counties and he says they're 14 minutes down on schedule, and he'd heard from Andi's team that they were down by about the same, although who has the quicker route?!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well i heard that both teams finished in around 17h 40 mins a pb for the browns team and Damian son a first timer.

We finished about 18h 15m we were taking it quite leisurely and enjoying the day.We had several hours of fun

The Sara Whingeing Hour
The Tangy Vandalism Hour
The Tangy Swearing Hour (Yes Tangy actually called a woman who wouldnt move out of the way for a roundel shot a b**ch.)
The Driver Aprreciation Hour.

We had a interesting route it was mainly to provide some insight into what worked for future attempts the best bit was no run from North Harrow to Rayners Lane No run from Northern Line to Piccardilly Line.Sara has now officially retired from doing full network 3 Attempts 3 Completions 1 Record not bad eh.!

Well the funniest part for me was the reaction of everybody when i greeted the people of the Moor Park train that everybody had missed or the mooning incident possibility caught on film.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

The tied times were 17hrs 41mins 43 secs...... Not at all bad as we had to work around the Ken Oly and Ealing & Wimbledon Line district problems. We had a very slow Jubilee section where a defective train had caused a delay and a ridiculous slow Northern line that seemed to keep applying emergency brakes. The miss at Moor Park and as Matt said not a good loop.... So to get within 29mins of the GWR aint too dusty......
Thanks to Jack for helping with the bags and supplies of water on what was a strangely hot & muggy day.... 3 of us downed 1.5 litres between Hammersmith & Hatton X........
Soup Dragons pulling power was exceptional on the day, unfortunately I always seemed to be in the wrong carriage peering through the window.....
I think this was the most physically demanding full network so far, we had one good bit of luck with a bus, but other than the that there seemed to be a lot of long & tough runs.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well worth a listen i especially like Paul Ross at 2m53 "Is there any rivalry between the teams and a voice from the back (no names needed) says we going to push him on the tracks right now"
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Well we are finally home and Have found the effort to turn the computer on Yes we tied with the Browns at 17h 41m 43s they ended up on the same train as us at Hatton Cross and we all rode the Heathrow Loop wondering if Andi & his team were ahead or behind us.

Matthew was tired but had enjoyed the day especially the trip from Chesham tp Moor Park where he travelled with a unique view that few passengers get to see.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Friday was a lot of fun and despite losing 40 minutes in the first few hours we continued to battle on. It was a great team effort from all concerned and big thanks goes to our support man Jack, who did a fantastic job for us. It was really good to get a PB as well, almost 15 minutes quicker than our previous best time for a 269.

So far the total raised by Team Boris is £842.62, with further pledges to come of at least £200.00. Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored us and the other teams. :D
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Team Boris has reached the £1000 mark :D
We still have a few more pledges to come.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The final total from Team Boris (The Browns & Matt Scrivin):
£1338 plus gift aid of £177 = GRAND TOTAL £1515
Many thanks to everyone that sponsored Team Boris.
Please could Team Ken & Pudsey Pasty Party confirm their final totals.
The joint total should smash the 2007 record of £2041 :D
One day I shall return!
Mr Riley
Zone 1

Post by Mr Riley »

Soup Dragon wrote:The final total from Team Boris (The Browns & Matt Scrivin):
£1338 plus gift aid of £177 = GRAND TOTAL £1515
Many thanks to everyone that sponsored Team Boris.
Please could Team Ken & Pudsey Pasty Party confirm their final totals.
The joint total should smash the 2007 record of £2041 :D
WOW!!!!
well done lads great work helping all the kids in need, sir terry would be so pleased! :lol:
''Living the Life of Riley''