TUBE 6 THE WORLD RECORD AT LAST

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: The Flying Finn 6th attempt live updates

Post by Going Underground »

scrxisi wrote:Ah... I have taken a last minute day off today but have ended up staying in London anyway. Tried to get in touch with Andi to see if he wanted some help. Oh well, I'll keep in touch on here :)
Matt I can give you Tangy's number if you like I believe he is out with Andi & Sarah, I am also concerned about how I am going to keep in touch later on with regard to meeting up and stopping the watch etc.......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Update at 1005hrs from Master Tangy

The team are going strong at S. Woodford and are still about 10mins down on plan......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

scrxisi wrote:Jubilee part suspended - but I have no idea if that is in play at this stage!
Hmmm don't know possibly could well depend on if they were heading Epping way from S Woodford or not......
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Looks like they missed the trouble on the Jub but were around 20mins behind schedule at 12:30hrs.......
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Update at 4.40pm..... The team have left Upminster and are now approx 30 mins down...
Last edited by Going Underground on 08 Jul 2008, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Going Underground wrote:Update at 5.40pm..... The team have left Upminster and are now approx 30 mins down...
Update 5.40pm!!! The team do know that travel by TARDIS is strictly illegal.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Soup Dragon wrote:
Going Underground wrote:Update at 5.40pm..... The team have left Upminster and are now approx 30 mins down...
Update 5.40pm!!! The team do know that travel by TARDIS is strictly illegal.

Ooops 4.40pm...... :oops:
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

OK as of 18:45hrs the team were maintaining pace and were 27 mins down at Golders Green......

That's it for me I am out for the evening now and meeting the guys later.......
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

2234: Currently at Acton Town, worked out will be on the SAME service into HT5 as the Browns!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

any updates on what's happened then? sounds like it has come down to a matter of seconds!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The record has been beaten by 17 seconds, Andi, Sara & Martin ended up on the same train as Brown/Starky/Brabbins and managed a final time of 17:56:11. Many congrats to Andi on his sixth attempt, it is Sara's 2nd attempt and as for Martin he has lost count!
One day I shall return!
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

17 seconds, that's positively an eternity. Just ask Sam & Steve :)
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Well that was exiting stuff last night........

The team started at 05:28:18 so a crucial few seconds were gained there...... Then the last train to T5 showed 3 mins on the board and we worked out that they would probably just miss..
However this came in within 2 minutes and made good time and Andy dived out onto the final platform and the record that has had such a charmed life had been beaten......

Many congrats to Andi, Sara and Tangy...... :D

So now we have a new target to aim for on the Tube Olympics full network day on 24th July where team Brown/Starkey/(Brabbins?) will be doing all within their power to reclaim the crown :twisted:
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well what can i say first commiserations to Brown/Starkey/Brabbins team Especially Soup Dragon and Going Underground who were there to watch us literally bundle on to the platform of T5.Starkey many thanx for helping us out for the 1st runs of the day and was probably surprised that i wasnt the first to run into the stations.

But u can always get it back boys and have the talent to do so and probably will in 16 days time :D but Sara i dont think will ever get the chance to be a record holder again so at least for a short while hopefully longer 8) she have the satisfaction of knowing that we did it.

And the good thing is that on July 24th i have comfortability of knowing i might be a new world record holder that day either lose it to the other team and congratulate them or if the day goes tits up for everybody still be in the driving seat.

Well the organisation for this wasnt good again not the standards as of last time when we didnt even make first Amersham train :shock: but we had the Crown booked got there just before midnight and settled for some sleep.Martin was due to meet us at the Tesco at 5am we looked around couldnt find him so we walked up hill to the other one just in case message wasnt clear but eventually we found him on the platform.And my phone was not charged at all because the charger wouldnt go in the electric slot at the Crown so apologies anybody trying to contact me.

Amersham departure was 05.28.18 The 3 Muskateers as we were set off in high hope knowing it be a tough day we had several high points throughout the day some low and a considerably good luck all day no delays anywhere to report of and i think the best weather of the entire week.

To amuse us throughout the day we had several hours of fun we had

Innuendo Hour
Take the mickey out of Andy hour (didnt enjoy that 1)
Sing a drunken song hour where my personal favourite song goes like this 1 big titty bouncing up and down 2 big titties bouncing up and down 3 big titties bouncing up and down we gonna have to get a bigger bra and George bernard shaw went to Brazil with a monkey and a johnny and blue tit squirrel.
Spitting hour dont ask :!:
Vandalism hour :shock: Tangy
Nicking Tangy Wine Gum hour
and many others that could have gone on here.

As stated we had an easy connection at Chalfront again and yet again the door position was incorrect i think though our whole route we only had 2 positions where it was wrong all day.Up to Chesham and back Moor Park was made very easy in fact we had a 2 min wait here but a slow driver of a train up to Watford made us miss the connection the doors on the other train just shut before ours could open on the other platform.Oh well tough luck we had 3 routes to hand really a Super route which really unless superb running speed was never going to be followed a mediocre route and the Hakan route(not his personally) with his running speeds in mind for Sara.

During the day we seemed to be in the middle of the Mediocre and Hakan route all day mainly staying around 30 mins down on plan giving us a chance of the record all the way to the end.

High Points throughout the day

23 secs change at Uxbridge (never had so good there ever :!:)
1m 40 secs change to Tram at Wimbledon
Fantastic Canons park to Edgeware connection a bus 186 we missed by a few seconds but a 79 was right behind it.
Great High barnet - Cockfosters connection a bus 307 came along and the run to Fostering of the cock was just made before 1 train went out.
a bus 9 just there when we left High street Kensington to Kensington Olympia saved us considerably that 1
Buying a new ticket to replace the lost 1 at the best place i could have lost it.
Seeing the T5 train pull in when the board said different to give us the record

Low points throughout the day

Seeing the Watford train pull away seconds before our door opened a 11 min delay
Losing my ticket somewhere around Epping
Having the worst Hainault loop i have ever done but at least we managed some food in that time
Traffic lights at Hammersmith seemed to want to go to green just when we wanted to cross road
Richmond weird electronic board posting we thought we had 10 mins for a train out so Sara could have a smoke but a Upminster bound train expected 12.34 came in.We thought hang on we are much later than that came in so i got Tangy to drag Sara back in and even then we still could have let her have a fag as we waited long.

The whole thing about the day and this applies to every tube challenger that wishes to break the record just go ahead do it have fun we sure had fun and if we had of missed it sure i would be gutted but Anthony and kevin were really great :) the commardire between Sara myself and tangy was great and we didnt even argue :shock:.

Sara although not the greatest runner in the world (but training for a marathon) really put herself through a pain barrier and a half and it just shows u dont have to be a great runner to do it she still believes the whole day she held me up.True i could have made the runs a lot easier for myself but i stuck at her pace throughout the day to spur her on and apart from 1 connection i dont think i would have been further up the route especially after Watford incident that didnt scupper our plans but made them a damn slight harder.
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 09 Jul 2008, 13:06, edited 2 times in total.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Hakan looked at my route and computer analised for us with all % and stuff and used his running speed to match Sara running speed and pessimistic connections cos we didnt have a name for this route i named it after Hakan cos he states he is not the fastest runner in the world and spot on he was right about most of our trains and many thanks goes to Hakan for that.
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 09 Jul 2008, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.