Random 15?

All you need to know and discuss about the 2008 Zone 1 Challenge.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Random 15?

Post by Going Underground »

Thursday sounds good to me and this is also probably a good week for Mrs G.U. to murder me.... I have the week off work and rough plans so far......

Tues 27th :arrow: Will be out in some capacity on Editorsfoot GWR attempt
Weds 28th :arrow: Will be out in some capacity on Joy54 / scrxisi GWR attempt
Thurs 29th :arrow: Possible evening R15
Fri 30th :arrow: Z1 Day..............

I am in big trouble........ :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Nice way to spend your week :wink:
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I would be up for it on the Thursday evening - I'm looking forward to my first R15 and wouldn't be able to do any other evening.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

And as I've stated before, I won't arrive in London until Thrusday night, so I won't be able to join you. However, I think it's totally appropriate to officially link it to Z1C 2008 as a warm-up event. We'll make sure that it will be mentioned at the Z1C prize ceremony (but absolutely in no way overshadowing the main event).
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

hwolge wrote:And as I've stated before, I won't arrive in London until Thrusday night, so I won't be able to join you. However, I think it's totally appropriate to officially link it to Z1C 2008 as a warm-up event. We'll make sure that it will be mentioned at the Z1C prize ceremony (but absolutely in no way overshadowing the main event).
I know that Ric is very busy and is often away in Germany....... If needed would you be able to run a programme that would generate the R15 stations and send to me as an e-mail attachment, with only the starting station mentioned so the other 14 are not known?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

I can easily add some official touch to this by providing the R15. The easiest way is probably to mail it to someone close (but strictly reliable and neutral) to any of you guys. Maybe mrs GU? How about it? Just send me a mail address and I'll be more than happy to generate the R15!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

hwolge wrote:I can easily add some official touch to this by providing the R15. The easiest way is probably to mail it to someone close (but strictly reliable and neutral) to any of you guys. Maybe mrs GU? How about it? Just send me a mail address and I'll be more than happy to generate the R15!
Mrs GU hasn't joined the computer age yet...... :)

Whoever you mail it would need to be there on the night, unless :idea: :idea:

Once you have generated the list let us have the starting station so we can arrange a meeting time..... I will then text you to confirm when everyone is in attendance and you could text me back the remaining 14 stations..... The watches start when I open your message and announce the stations... :P
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I have yet another idea.

Get someone not involved to call you on the night when you have reached your starting station (if it's a deep-level station you will have to head to the surface). Gather everyone round and turn on your phone's loudspeaker, assuming it has one. The person on the phone can then read out the list of stations to everyone.

I can do this if you want.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Going Underground wrote:
hwolge wrote:I can easily add some official touch to this by providing the R15. The easiest way is probably to mail it to someone close (but strictly reliable and neutral) to any of you guys. Maybe mrs GU? How about it? Just send me a mail address and I'll be more than happy to generate the R15!
Mrs GU hasn't joined the computer age yet...... :)

Whoever you mail it would need to be there on the night, unless :idea: :idea:

Once you have generated the list let us have the starting station so we can arrange a meeting time..... I will then text you to confirm when everyone is in attendance and you could text me back the remaining 14 stations..... The watches start when I open your message and announce the stations... :P
No, a sealed envelope would do. In fact if you PM me your home address, Kevin, I'll prepare the list this week and snail-mail 20, or so, copies of it to you in a sealed envelope and an accompanied greeting/instruction note, inside a larger envelope. That would certainly add to the official touch, wouldn't it?
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

In fact, there is a pretty good chance that some of the organisers can make it to the start (i.e. Patrick and his gf, Maria) and officially start you off. However, just to make sure there are no glitches, I 'll still send the R15 list in advance as well, so you can get going without the assuring hand of the organisers!

So, now I'm waiting for a firm commitment from some of you, so we can make this an official warm up event and advertise it accordingly!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

I really want to do this, the R15 always sounds like a lot of fun. But annoyingly, i live an expensive, hour and a half long train journey away from london and i don't think i could justify doing that return journey twice within 24 hours....
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I will certainly be there for the R15 on Thursday evening. It's one of my favourite challenges, and myself and Jamie won the last R15 that was held (think Holland Park was the starting station).
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Bring it on!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Anyone fancy deciding on a start time? When I get that I'll author an official post to make this the Z1C 2008 warm up event!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

hwolge wrote:Anyone fancy deciding on a start time? When I get that I'll author an official post to make this the Z1C 2008 warm up event!
Would 18:30hrs suit everyone or is that a tadge too early :?:
I certainly think we need to be underway by 19:00hrs...