A Non Run Route

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: A Non Run Route

Post by Sam »

The Raven wrote:
MylesHSG wrote:I believe the proposed route is 17 hours. Upminster-Chesham.
Myles for the GWR! :mrgreen:
That's about as likely as Yeovil winning the champions league :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sam wrote:
The Raven wrote:
MylesHSG wrote:I believe the proposed route is 17 hours. Upminster-Chesham.
Myles for the GWR! :mrgreen:
That's about as likely as Yeovil winning the champions league :P
"And Terry Skiverton looks the proudest manager in Football as Paul Wotton lifts the champions league trophy at Wembley after a 4-1 humbling of Real Madrid"
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Going Underground wrote:"And Terry Skiverton looks the proudest manager in Football as Paul Wotton lifts the champions league trophy at Wembley after a 4-1 humbling of Real Madrid"
Kev for the next Motty! :mrgreen:
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Or 19 hours depending on whether I can count or not.
The King is back! Long live The King!
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Sometimes helps :)
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Does indeed :mrgreen:
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

MylesHSG wrote:Or 19 hours depending on whether I can count or not.
Well, that's not too much of a challenge to beat ;) haha (in theory of course)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

It does seem lazy just to ask, even lazier when you consider that so much is already online and all you have to do is dig around and search for it.

if you search through threads on this site - reports/writeup's that people put here, it tells you stuff. If you look at my website & writeups there are two complete routes there and lots of other tips. The TubeRelief website is still up that tells you things, as is Alastair Bell's classic route which is still valid in many ways. Chris G's route is still out there somewhere too on t'inernet .. it's not hard to Google around people, and find it.

And of course, get out there yourself in the real world and try it a little! :-)
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

You know what I dont give two flying fucks what anybody thinks. I have a route thanks to Andi and Im goona get a completion, just becuase I would personally like to visit all the stations not for anthing or anybody else.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

MylesHSG wrote:You know what I dont give two flying fucks what anybody thinks. I have a route thanks to Andi and Im goona get a completion, just becuase I would personally like to visit all the stations not for anthing or anybody else.
Is there any need to be so aggressive with it though?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Yes because while I'm behind this keyboard I'm the strongest, smartest and best looking person in the universe!!! :D
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

If you're the smartest person in the universe, then can i request some assistance from you with planning my next route? as it therefore sounds like you're the man to ask ...

sorry - deliberate antagonistic comments aside - i really don't see how hard it is to sit down with a few tube maps and a pen and try drawing out a few of your own routes. just do it based upon the common connections that you see people talk about and mention on here all the time. just reading the CiN thread - there is a complete route right in there for you. Myles, you even did over half of it on the day itself last Friday, so just think about how to alter the start/finish positions so that they're not High Barnet and Cockfosters. some people on here are trying to plan routes have not even had the benefit on going out on the network yet.

you say that Andi has "worked out a route for you", but jeez; i could draw on map in 30 seconds straight a route that i'd "worked out", when really it's just applying basic knowledge of regularly-talked about (on this forum) tube challenge connections to the tube map. i would figure that Andi hasn't specifically worked out a route just for you - it's one of many 'stock' routes that can be applied, as there's a whole combination of 'standard' routes which work.

even better - if you ever have a go and getting the satisfaction of planning your own route, you'll realise that there are a certain few small number of 'set' ways of doing things, and then the fun comes in thinking about how to link those all together in the order that you want. you can then even gain a little smug satisfaction in perhaps coming up with connections that no one else (or at least you don't think) has come up with - even though those are becoming sparser these days, as people leak their 'secrets' slowly out, which is a shame.

you started this thread by asking for help, and people then joined in chatted, gave you some tips, without completely spoon feeding you ... and then in a fashion uncannily similar to another (currently erstwhile) forum member, got all bulshy towards everyone about it which is not the way to win over people and get them to help you, is it?

Olympia.
Last edited by geofftech on 23 Nov 2011, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Something I've just noticed is that the CiN routes are circular. Therefore, the route can start at ANY point and you'd complete the network near where you started. Tweak it and see! 8)
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

MylesHSG wrote:Yes because while I'm behind this keyboard I'm the strongest, smartest and best looking person in the universe!!! :D
Warning! Do NOT feed the internet troll! May result in loss of temper, increased heart rate and the invoking of Godwins Law!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Actually, I find it fun to take someone's route, but then to try to untwist the loops that they've created, apply a bit of topology and homology, and get a route that's rather better. When I have time, anyway.