Our Chosen Football Teams......

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: Our Chosen Football Teams......

Post by Sam »

MILLWALL? John, you have just gone down in my estimation, i'm shocked at you...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

jbom wrote: Still haven't really got a team up here in Scotland.
Blimey have you moved recently :?: That's a long way to come for the Random 15's etc now :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
jbom
Zone 3

Post by jbom »

Yes, it would be a very long way to come for a Random 15!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

But at least you have the chance to set the first ever record for the Glasgow Subway!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

There already is a record for the Glasgow Underground and it can be found here: http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=530

From my experience of two separate trips round the clockwork orange, it will be tough to beat.
mps247
Zone 4

Post by mps247 »

Chelsea (English Premiership): my entire primary school supported them, and I grew up in a Chelsea supporting area, so it was a pretty natural choice.

Brentford (English League 1): most Chelsea supporters have a kind word to say about Brentford.

Interblock Ljubljana (Prva Slovenska Nogometna Liga/Slovenian First Football League): it's the closest football team to where I currently live, and the underdog of the two Ljubljana teams.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Going Underground wrote:Premier League; West Ham
Championship; Reading
League 1; Exeter City (sorry Sam :wink: )
Scotland; Celtic
Ryman Premier league; Ashford Town (Middlesex)
Oh forgot to mention; Juventus (I have a replica home shirt) and of course

E N G E R L A N D !
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Going Underground wrote:
Championship; Reading
Scotland; Celtic
Oh forgot to mention; Juventus (I have a replica home shirt) and of course

E N G E R L A N D !
Sorry as pointed out by another forum member I appear to have missed out my "Conefrence and North East team" Darlington, the current FA Trophy holders :D
Also my Premier League and Championship looking like at least one change :!:
Lastly Ashford Town (Middx) now in Zamaretto Central League...

I think that brings it up too date :P
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Liverpool (Premier League)
Portsmouth (Championship)
Brighton & Hove Albion (League One - University)
Havant & Waterlooville (Conference South - Former Local Team!)
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

I didn't realise I'd not replied to this one. So here you go:

Having been born there and living there for quite some time, my main team (so to speak) is the mighty Ipswich Town, formerly one of the greatest teams in Europe back in the day! (Sorry jbom, it had to be said!). Granted, Ipswich have been poor this year (despite some cracking results such as beating a full-strength Arsenal side 1-0 back in January) but I'm looking forward to the summer and next season with Paul Jewell at the helm.

Coincidentally enough my second team is Hertha Berlin who, since perkyperky's post have unsurprisingly been relegated from the 1. Bundesliga and were yesterday crowned champions of the 2. Bundesliga. They're expecting a bumper crowd of 78,000 for their final game of the season on Sunday, having averaged the best part of 50,000 for the rest of the season; not bad for a second division team! As for the why, I picked up a Hertha shirt a few years back for just going to the gym in and have since lived in Berlin and supported them as my local team and went to a few matches.

As far as other teams are concerned, I like to keep an eye out for how Arsenal do as I have a lot of respect for the ethos of the club and the style of football they play. Lower down the leagues I like to see Brighton & Hove Albion do well as they are coached by former Ipswich legend Mauricio Taricco, and I also look for the results of AFC Wimbledon just because I love the idea behind the club and would love to see them usurp Franchise FC in the coming years.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

jamesthegill wrote:My main team's Gillingham, down in the doldrums of league one, because they're my local team and I've been going on and off for the last 15 years. I used to support Arsenal when growing up because at primary school they were the arbitrary team I picked - in the FA cup 3rd round in December 1999 I actually got to see an Arsenal game, decided I had much more fun at Priestfield and switched my allegiances. I still keep a look out for their scores and they're usually my chosen team on Fifa 10. I also keep an eye out for Ross County in the Scottish division 1 - chosen because they're the furthest team away from me without leaving this landmass - and Olympic Marseilles, because one of Gillingham's three famous ex-players (Tony Cascarino - the other two being Steve Bruce, and Marlon King who isn't famous for footballing reasons) used to play for them.
Since posting this, I've acquired my own Bundesliga team, Borussia Dortmund. I started following them last summer, as Dortmund is the closest top flight (German top flight at least) team to where my girlfriend is from. I had a stadium tour in my Gills shirt around the enormous Westfalenstadion and since then, they've lead the league pretty much all season. Sadly we've sold our creative midfielder to Real Madrid for €8m so that's next season over with.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

al wrote:QPR (Championship)
Kidderminster Harriers (Blue Square Premier)
St Mirren (SPL)

I feel somewhat lacking in not supporting a 'foreign' team. I suppose the closest I get would be my support for St Kilda in the AFL.
I recently played against Kidderminster for Worthing in a fans match, they are a good bunch of lads so along with Hayes & Yeading they are my adopted team in the BSP :-)
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Soup Dragon wrote:
al wrote:QPR (Championship)
Kidderminster Harriers (Blue Square Premier)
St Mirren (SPL)

I feel somewhat lacking in not supporting a 'foreign' team. I suppose the closest I get would be my support for St Kilda in the AFL.
I recently played against Kidderminster for Worthing in a fans match, they are a good bunch of lads so along with Hayes & Yeading they are my adopted team in the BSP :-)
Good man, SD!

(I also now get a chance to say that QPR = Premier League now! :D :D )
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Going Underground wrote:
Going Underground wrote:
Championship; Reading
Scotland; Celtic
Oh forgot to mention; Juventus (I have a replica home shirt) Sorry as pointed out by another forum member I appear to have missed out my "Conefrence and North East team" Darlington, the current FA Trophy holders :D
Also my Premier League and Championship looking like at least one change :!:
Lastly Ashford Town (Middx) now in Zamaretto Central League...

I think that brings it up too date :P
Have got rid of England they are proper shite and South Africa must have been the most pants display I have witnessed from the prima-donnas with 3 lions on their shirts :x
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I really don't care any more, but in the past my supported teams a based entirely on my fathers:

Ipswich Town (origin of my username, decoration of my bedroom :roll:)

Milton Keynes Dons, due to geographical proximity (first football match I saw live)

My dad also keeps an eye out for Southend and Wolves, due to living in both locations at some point.

I do still get enjoyment when results really matter. I loved the victory over Arsenal Uefacup81 previously mentioned, and I love a good upset in the FA cup.

I do care how England get on in the UEFA cup, but I won't be heartbroken or in despair if they lose. :P
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*