Croydon tramlink - first ever completed time set?

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Starkey7
All Zones

Re: Croydon tramlink - first ever completed time set?

Post by Starkey7 »

A run from George Street to Reeves Whatsname and then the loop would solve all your problems, I think.
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Without giving too much of my route away ( :roll: ) Starkey is correct - although this way round adds an extra run, its not too stressful!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Post by Edgemaster »

I've wandered it aimlessly before, didn't think of it as a possibility though.
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Post by Edgemaster »

While 'researching' the tramlink network today, I completed the network twice, unfortunately, both runs were the slowest recorded so far! :oops:
However, both runs were completely unplanned, based on taking the first useful tram that arrived at the stops, thus I didn't get good connections at Arena and had equally poor ones on the Croydon loop on the second run.

What didn't help was pilotman working between Avenue Road and Beckenham Jct, with a failure of the signalling system (I assume this is what the blue flashing 'beacons' are for along the trackside) on the second attempt causing a long delay in the Beckenham Road passing loop, in the end the tram moved off under instruction from the control room.

1:52:05 Wimbledon -> New Addington
2:07:52 New Addington -> Wimbledon

Edit: The timetable says the above two routes should be 1:53 and 1:57 respectively.
The signal failure didn't have a big impact it seems, other than eventually delaying the tram into Croydon by only 2 mins, the other connections would have been good but still not optimal, had it not also been for a delay on the Wimbledon branch.
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Post by Edgemaster »

Another couple of attempts today...

Wimbledon -> New Addington 1:43:15 (1:45 expected)
New Addington -> Wimbledon 1:44:18 (1:43 expected)

If one tram had been slightly late, I'd have beaten the record by 3 minutes... I'll have to fix that next time around ;)

On the NA->Wimbledon attempt, I hit the end of term for most of the schools in South London, not the best time to be doing a record attempt, got held up at Ampere Way for a hoarde of people to get off for Valley Park, causing us to miss our slot on the single line section between Beddington Lane and Mitcham Jct......

And while returning homewards the signals failed to give us priority again, another tram caught us up whilst waiting, so the driver had get permission to pass the signal at stop - more blue flashing beacons.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Just completed my first Tramlink attempt in a time of:

1h:58m:06s :evil:

Dam you George Street!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record