Forum Upgrade

Check here for important announcements
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by greatkingrat »

It seems there is a time limit for deleting posts - the option comes up for a post I have just made, but not for one made this morning.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:Actually, I don't seem to be able to delete posts in this thread either. Has the facility been withdrawn completely?
I hope it hasn't been removed, but judging by Great King Rat:
greatkingrat wrote:It seems there is a time limit for deleting posts - the option comes up for a post I have just made, but not for one made this morning.
it is only last post in the topic that can be deleted.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote: it is only last post in the topic that can be deleted.
That was always the case before. Now I don't seem to be able to delete any posts at all.

EDIT: For example, I originally made this post less than a minute ago, and there's no option for deleting it.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:
A Challenge wrote: it is only last post in the topic that can be deleted.
That was always the case before. Now I don't seem to be able to delete any posts at all.

EDIT: For example, I originally made this post less than a minute ago, and there's no option for deleting it.
I have never needed (up to Where Am I? #3) so I didn't realise that you couldn't delete posts up to then, and I thought you couldn't anyway in the 'Zone 5 - Quizzes and Games' forum.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

This is interesting, as when I looked at users' permissions before the upgrade I am certain that there was an option for "can delete own posts". There is now no such option that I can find.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

We can set a time limit for deleting posts. It's currently 0 which means you should always be able to delete your own posts.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Shouldn't 0 mean you can never delete your own posts? You need a time limit of infinity...

Anyway, whatever it means, I still can't delete any posts!

EDIT: Oh, it seems I can delete my posts in "Off Topic Chat", but not in this forum or in "Quizzes and Games". Will someone please explain the criteria?

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

GuyBarry wrote: EDIT: Oh, it seems I can delete my posts in "Off Topic Chat", but not in this forum or in "Quizzes and Games". Will someone please explain the criteria?
It should only be Quizzes and Tumbleweed where users cannot delete posts - this is to stop people cheating.

This forum requires investigation. Done and updated.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

OK, thanks (and apologies for my comments in the Off Topic forum).

RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

tubeguru wrote:
moley wrote:Get TubeGuru to agree and I'll update it before the year is out.
This is a rather strange thing to ask me to agree to, having upgraded the forum and changed the names of all the sections without asking me to agree to it ... :lol:
So do you agree to it? :D