Tumbleweed Scores

The game you either hate or really hate!
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tumbleweed Scores

Post by A Challenge »

Indeed. In order to make it easier for my to keep the scores on Sunday, please can I have the score update as early as possible tomorrow morning and I will try to keep on with this (posting early) while I am scorekeeper.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I usually do it somewhere around 9am. There may be one or two claims to add in but it's not usually very busy at that time on a Sunday morning.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:I usually do it somewhere around 9am. There may be one or two claims to add in but it's not usually very busy at that time on a Sunday morning.
That's OK. I hope that you have been keeping the score correctly!

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote: That's OK. I hope that you have been keeping the score correctly!
I can send you a copy of my score spreadsheet if you like. I don't think you can attach a file to a PM, but if you PM me your email address then I can email it to you.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Is it an Microsoft Excel (Office 365) compatible file? If it is, it will be useful and I will.

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Yes, it's an Excel file.

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Scores as at 23:59 03/10/2015 - weekly figures in brackets, overall in bold.

GuyBarry (2040) 40665
DavidC (1890) 33165
moley (2025) 11475
leamfarrar (0) 7350
Going Und. (375) 6755
The muleteer (3185) 5185
Garion (150) 1665
A Challenge (660) 605
h. traveller (0) 375
tractakid (0) 18
tubeguru (0) -44400

Biggest advance this week was by The muleteer, who is now challenging for fifth place. A Challenge's advance would have been rather more if he hadn't made a couple of invalid claims earlier in the week, but he's into positive points now. Other positions are unchanged. I managed to achieve my aim of increasing my lead to 7500, but only just - it was last-minute stuff!

I'm now retiring from the game and also from keeping score, so I shall be handing over to A Challenge, who will be giving the weekly score updates for a while. I've enjoyed playing and wish good luck to everyone else.

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

GuyBarry wrote:I'm now retiring from the game and also from keeping score, so I shall be handing over to A Challenge, who will be giving the weekly score updates for a while. I've enjoyed playing and wish good luck to everyone else.
Please can I have a volenteer to come forward to take the scoring duties from me as I don't want to do this for too long.

moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I can take it on after the scores of Sun 15 Nov but I'm a bit busy til then.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

moley wrote:I can take it on after the scores of Sun 15 Nov but I'm a bit busy til then.
Thanks. I will pass over to you then then.

moley wrote:230 weed
Your 1,00th post in the Tumbleweed forum (according to your profile). Well done for reaching that milestone!

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

I will be late (meaning afternoon) posting the scores tomorrow but will post in the morning next week's scores if I can.

GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

A Challenge wrote:I will be late (meaning afternoon) posting the scores tomorrow but will post in the morning next week's scores if I can.
That's amazing. Are you psychic? :)

DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Unless I have missed something (which is perfectly possible), that is an invalid claim by A Challenge at 20:21 tonight
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

DavidC wrote:Unless I have missed something (which is perfectly possible), that is an invalid claim by A Challenge at 20:21 tonight
Yes. It is me not seeing a post on the next page like I did with Addlestone in the Slightly harder around the world game at the top of the current page. Sorry. Scores this afternoon with probably a 10 year FNC as I will finally visit Kensington (Olympia).

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Scores to 10th October 2015 at 23:59 with weekly figures in italics, overall in bold.

GuyBarry 0 40665
DavidC 1200 34365
moley 1070 13445
The muleteer 3975 9160
Going Und. 1200 7955
leamfarrar 0 7350
A Challenge 1910 2515
Garion 75 1740
h. traveller 0 375
tractakid 0 18
tubeguru 0 -44400

Th muleteer moved up from 6th to 4th, with leamfarrar going down from 4th to 6th, bypassing Going Underground in 5th. I swapped places with Garion as well. The muleteer scored highest this week with 3975.