Leaving Wembley

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Leaving Wembley

Post by Urzzz1871 »

After a bit of advice if anyone has experience of leaving wembley after an event........

Need to get back to Victoria ASAP after the FA Cup Semi-Final on Saturday night and have been trying to ascertain my best route.

Does anyone know if it's worth trying to leg it up to Wembley North and pick up a, hopefully empty, southbound B/loo before it hits Wembley Central?
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
palkanetoijala31

Re: Leaving Wembley

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Urzzz1871 wrote:After a bit of advice if anyone has experience of leaving wembley after an event........

Need to get back to Victoria ASAP after the FA Cup Semi-Final on Saturday night and have been trying to ascertain my best route.

Does anyone know if it's worth trying to leg it up to Wembley North and pick up a, hopefully empty, southbound B/loo before it hits Wembley Central?
if the result is a foregone conclusion leave before final whistle everybody is herded like sheep wembley central is a lot closer it took us over 45 mins just to get into wembley park last time. wembley stadium rail might even be an option if they are laying on extra trains to stop?
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

Yea, I've ruled out Wembley Park as have made that mistake before!

Result is likely to be a foregone conclusion at half time!!!! However we only get one of these every 90 years or so, so ideally don't want to leave early. We are in the South stand so Wembley Stadium/Wembley Central are the obvious picks.

Just checked the Chiltern web site and they are laying on a Marylebone shuttle from Stadium station. How bad does it get?? There are 17 trains to Marylebone between 7pm and 9pm.
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Always found Wembley Central fairly easy to deal with after a major event at Wembley.

Chiltern have excellent crowd control procedures in place after an event at Wembley Stadium station too.

Oh, and don't be so negative, it's 90 minutes, anything could happen! Come on URz!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Urzzz1871 wrote:After a bit of advice if anyone has experience of leaving wembley after an event........

How'd you get on leaving Wembley? I went to Wembley Central and only had to wait about 10 minutes. Friends went to Wembley Park and had to wait over an hour. :?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver