finished on same train as Andrew
Tube_b

Re: my fart attempt

Post by Tube_b »

*tractakid
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

so 18h 35m to 17h 22m so thats an hour and 13m improvement but u got to improve that by another hour in order to get anywhere close to the record though.

i offer some advice seeing as i saw you at 2 differant points of the day!

running north harrow to rayners lane clearly although you say u are a fast runners! you got beat by over 2 mins by an overweight alcholic 39 year old with 4 pints of beer still in his belly! so thats defo room for improvement if u had off kept up with me you have had the oppurtunity of being further ahead up the route.

ealing common clearly u havent thought of all the options there as u ambled up the stairs waiting 6 mins for a district i can actually tell you i was at ealing broadway before the district even arrived at ealng common, even the slower iain and rhys managed the same train as us as caught the many buses outside best to have it in your hands and not the tubes sort of thinking.

Edgware seeing two young people after we had quit running past kfc they clearly wasnt any rush to your running down the road more fitness is required me thinks.
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

My brother is a slower runner
Last edited by Tube_b on 15 Aug 2014, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Yup there's several buses from E Common - we got the train before out of Broadway.

Andi's not being very encouraging though - well done on knocking nearly 75 minutes off your previous time :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

Ok here is what happened on the day

we got a great start to our day with good connections especially at moor park
first run was ok... But could have done a few minutes quicker but we were still on schedule but then a late Central put us 2 trains down at Ickenham
got a good double back at Preston rd in and out in 9 seconds
got all good connections after that but still 25 mins down
but then did Morden-Wimbledon in 9 minutes
then we realised we would miss Olympia service by 2 minutes so got on the overground there and the district back out
still 20 minutes down
then got to Buckhurst hill with 5 mins to get to roding valley but missed it by one minute now 40 down
and had to wait 12 minutes for mill hill east
so that's all the big three messed up
did high Barnet to Cockfosters in 17 minutes but then had to wait 16 MINUTES AT COCKFOSTERS now an hour and a half behind
but got all amazing connections rest of the day and didn't have to wait at t4
finished in 17:23:52. Not 22 as i said earlier 1 hr 5 behind schedule
palkanetoijala31

Tube_b wrote:Its my brother who slowed us down
There is your answer then go solo the brother can be support you wouldnt have been able to keep up though as there is no oway your pace is anything like u believe it is. At ealing common a simple trick is not prepared to run gp outsode the station on the bridge then u can watch both district and buses.

As for not being very encouraging I think telling people the truth may be more harmful but it gives a good sharp kick up the backside.

If anybody wants to break geoffs record they need to hear facts plainly ur start of route was crap u lost time to everybody else because of inexpierance. Thats why ur claims seem wishy washy u dont have the knowledge to back it up.

Care to explain wimbo to morden 9 mins arrival departure
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

4 minutes run to morden rd
straight on tram for 4 minutes
out of wimbo a minute later
palkanetoijala31

Tube_b wrote:4 minutes run to morden rd
straight on tram for 4 minutes
out of wimbo a minute later
U got the actual timings to back that up as you just pointed out brother slowing you down I can understand lucky in and out but 4 mins run doesnt add up with what your running pace dictates
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Andi is much nicer in reality than on the forum. That said, South Wimbledon to Morden Road I have done in 6 minutes fast walk, and South Wimbledon is closer than Morden. I extrapolate that Morden to Morden Road is doable in 4 minutes, but if your brother was slowing you down that much, then I doubt it.

That said, 9 minutes Wimbledon to Morden IS possible if you are using a bus from Wimbledon to South Wimbledon in the early morning - no traffic, this journey can be done in 3 minutes, and a very fast connection onto the Northern (pelting down that escalator) can cut Wimbledon to Morden right down to 8 minutes.

If you are free September 20th (this is a Saturday), join us for the Random 15 - it's a good way to pick up experience and learn to plan on the spot! And to do some nice long runs like North Acton to Willesden Junction that you wouldn't even consider normally...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
palkanetoijala31

Thanks hugo marrow im a nice bloke but I do call a spade a spade which is why people disagree with me

i encourage by pointing out obvious flaws there is no excuse for non running these days I find if an overweight 39 year old eddie izzard lookalike can in a non race state prove that some run times on here fake.

Run time Walthamstow queens to underground vic 2m 09 s

The only two people I kno whom are fast are geoffs partner anthony and adham Fisher and I can even show up adham on most runs I dont train I drink heavily and yet people still moan get a grip learn how to run control ur breathing.

I know this seems harsh but **** prove me wrong then you have my respect when u do at leadt rhys tried to keep up run Walthamstow
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:[...] at leat [R]hys tried to keep up [on the] run [at] Walthamstow
If you're talking about Leytonstone :arrow: Leytonstone High Road, my legs still felt (and still feel) like shite, having been murdered between Ken O and Shepherd's Bush.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
palkanetoijala31

hopeful traveller wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:[...] at leat [R]hys tried to keep up [on the] run [at] Walthamstow
If you're talking about Leytonstone :arrow: Leytonstone High Road, my legs still felt (and still feel) like shite, having been murdered between Ken O and Shepherd's Bush.
im talking about the other rhys if u remember we took the bus as i was been lazy between the two.