world record attempt

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Tube_b

world record attempt

Post by Tube_b »

I have planned to beat the gwr on 14 august but have only just sent in an application form to Guinness
they say that it will take 6 weeks to authenticate my application but I need to do the attempt on the 14th. is this a problem :?:
palkanetoijala31

Re: world record attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

no thats not a problem as long as you have a claim number u can always do attempt dont forget u actually got to beat it first by the way if august 14th its fart day so u might see a few other people out and about.
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

Yeah probably will. Bt don't think anyone else has got an estimated time of 15hrs 6mins
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

bartonstubechallenge wrote:Yeah probably will. Bt don't think anyone else has got an estimated time of 15hrs 6mins
A 270 completion in 15h 6m is impossible.
palkanetoijala31

bartonstubechallenge wrote:Yeah probably will. Bt don't think anyone else has got an estimated time of 15hrs 6mins
SHOULD YOU HAVE AN ESTIMATED TIME OF 15H 6MINS I WOULDNT REVEAL ANY PARTS OF YOUR ROUTE! period your connections must be very water tight for that to be in even in theroy workable!
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

Its easily done in 15 hrs i bet. not going to tell anyone how we got such a quick estimated time though
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Without wishing to sound cynical, I suspect your route either misses something out or doesn't comply with the rules in some way. I haven;t seen a route within 35 minutes of that time, and there's some seriously good route planners on here.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Just remember that to get the record all changes between lines must be done on foot or on public transport.

Good luck and if you are starting at Chesham see you on the 14th
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

No I'm starting at t4 but might see a load of people doing fart in the middle of the day
palkanetoijala31

bartonstubechallenge wrote:No I'm starting at t4 but might see a load of people doing fart in the middle of the day
the chances of you actually meeting somebody are actually pretty small you could even possibly be on the same train at a point but perhaps due to carriage and door position competly at differant points of train.

besides no one knows what you look like! is this first attempt or one of many?
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

Its my second attempt but i think it would be quite easy to spot other people
they carry notebooks and run everywhere and also they come up to you asking whether you would like to sign their witness book
palkanetoijala31

bartonstubechallenge wrote:Its my second attempt but i think it would be quite easy to spot other people
they carry notebooks and run everywhere and also they come up to you asking whether you would like to sign their witness book
i still think though the possiblity of even a chance meeting would be very slim! but in that case ur signature would be most welcome!
palkanetoijala31

If this is your second attempt how did the 1st go?
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

First attempt was to see if we could get round the whole thing
got a rubbish time tho of 18:35:14 but liked it so much decided to go for the GWR
palkanetoijala31

bartonstubechallenge wrote:First attempt was to see if we could get round the whole thing
got a rubbish time tho of 18:35:14 but liked it so much decided to go for the GWR
THATS A BIG JUMP THOUGH if you dont mind me saying from 18h 35m to 16h 20m and under that indicates u think u were delayed by over 2 hours of course u believe 15h thats a leap of faith if ever i saw one!