Zone 1 2014 RESULTS

All you need to know and discuss about the 2014 Zone 1 Challenge.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Zone 1 2014 RESULTS

Post by tubeguru »

Will appear here one day ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Zone 1 2014 RESULTS

Post by tangy »

The results?! Oh, go on then... now that I have a bit of free time.

Here follows the results of the 2014 Zone 1 Challenge Cup.

There was 18 challengers split into 11 teams. The start station was Lancaster Gate.

--11th: Well, twenty per cent ain't bad- and nearly twenty five per cent if you include National Rail (Robbie Mansell) who only completed 13 stations in 3 hours and 47 minutes.
--10th: Off the rails (Josh Perrett, Aubrey Morandarte, Lewis Nagle and Joe Molander) who only completed 51 of the 64 stations in 4 hours and 42 minutes.
--9th: Miles from the end (Rhys Benjamin) completed in 03:50:03 at Vauxhall.
--8th: This is a Circle Line train to Not in Service (Tangy) completed in 03:32:54 at Marble Arch.
--7th: Some of us have work you know (Peter Smyth) completed in 03:31:48 at Vauxhall.
--6th: One does not simply walk into Morden (Nick Gardner) completed in 03:30:20 at Vauxhall.
--5th: The name's Bond Street...James Bond Street (Garion Allen, Andrew Chilcraft and Sam Inman) completed in 03:28:43 at Bond Street.
--4th: Zone One Direction (Kevin Brown and Damian Cook) completed in 03:24:07 at Vauxhall.
--3rd: Which one is zone one? (Andrew Baker) completed in 03:23:55 at Regent's Park.
--2nd: I Bow Road to the winner, my route was a right Piccadilly Circus (Nigel White) completed in 03:22:20 at Vauxhall.
--1st: Bond Street! Bond Street! Bond Street! Bond Street! (The Oange One and Glen Bryant) completed in 03:12:45 at Marble Arch.

--Winner of the Zone 1 quiz with 42 points (out of 50) was Peter Smyth.

--Winner of the best team name (judged by my dad) was NOT by Kev and Nozza but instead goes to Peter Smyth with his "some of us have to work you know" team name.

This years challenge did include some inconvenient station closures (thus some re-routeings) which are reflected in the times recorded.

Thanks to everyone who came along and participated, for those of you that finished on the podium enjoy your prizes and for those that did not... well there is always next year! Until next time.. the BOZO is signing off.

Tangy
The BOZO.
Last edited by tangy on 04 Jun 2014, 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

So he who came eleventh didn't even make it to the results table ... :(
[STOP PRESS - NOW DONE! :) ]
Last edited by RobbieM on 03 Jun 2014, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

RobbieM wrote:So he who came eleventh didn't even make it to the results table ... :(
Sorry, Robbie, I found your team entry card (it was separate from the others). I will add your time to the list now.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Many thanks - glad the 'team name' made it through... :?
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

4th and 5th are in a funny order!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

For those who did the Marble Arch double back, their time for visiting all Zone 1 stations will be about three minutes faster than the recorded time for this challenge starting at Lancaster Gate. Timing could have started upon departure from Marble Arch - unfortunately, I forgot to do this. Did any one who did this double back remember?
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Nigel wrote:For those who did the Marble Arch double back, their time for visiting all Zone 1 stations will be about three minutes faster than the recorded time for this challenge starting at Lancaster Gate. Timing could have started upon departure from Marble Arch - unfortunately, I forgot to do this. Did any one who did this double back remember?
I did. By my stopwatch, the doors on the return train from Marble Arch closed 3m 48s after the doors on the first train.

So, my on-the-day time of 03:30:20 reduces to a 03:26:32 Zone 1 time. Not as good as my previous best. :(
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Yes agree with the 3mins 48secs adjustment which myself and Nozza have for top times with Marble Arch double back
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Not much effort being made with the team names this year, I feel. Come on people - needs work for next year! :lol:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

tubeguru wrote:Not much effort being made with the team names this year, I feel. Come on people - needs work for next year! :lol:
C'mon, I spent at least seventeen seconds devising mine...
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

tangy wrote: --11th: Well, twenty per cent ain't bad- and nearly twenty five per cent if you include National Rail (Robbie Mansell) who only completed 13 stations in 3 hours and 47 minutes.
Does anyone else really want to know what on earth happened here?
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

jamesthegill wrote:Does anyone else really want to know what on earth happened here?
I took an unorthodox turning and ended up at Tooting Broadway...