WTT's or tube exits for timing

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

WTT's or tube exits for timing

Post by mrredrunner100 »

hi,

i am currently doing a plan for a FNC and i have always used tube exits for timings, but i downloaded the WTT's off another thread a couple of days ago and i have been looking at the timings and when i work out some stages the times off the WTT's have been different (by quite a bit) than what tube exits has said. so what is more reliable to use, WTT's or tube exits?

thanks

mrredrunner100
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)
palkanetoijala31

Re: WTT's or tube exits for timing

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

The wtt will be more accurate
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

ok cool, so if i use pages like this (in the link) in the WTT then do they include the stopping time at stations?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KO1z ... sp=sharing
Best FNC time
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

mrredrunner100 wrote:ok cool, so if i use pages like this (in the link) in the WTT then do they include the stopping time at stations?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KO1z ... sp=sharing
thats going well deep surely you dont want the exact amount of seconds the train stops for?
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

good point, that is going quite deep into it, is it worth going that deep into it if they only stop for a short amount of time? and is that the page people use when reading the WTT's for the timimngs?
Best FNC time
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

WTTs are more accurate than some of the apps - providing you have the right WTTs to refer to! Journey Planner doesn't time things to the 1/4th minute - whereas some WTTs do! :)

I'm afraid I can't see the file in the Google Drive link you point to below - but many WTTs don't list the exact departure times of each train from each station, but there is a guide as to timings on one of the index pages, and how many minutes away stations are from each other.

It's also worth bearing in mind that some trains can arrive at stations earlier (or depart later) in the timetables - this will be denoted by something like "15b24" - and the b will be listed at the front of the WTT to say how early or late the arrival or departure will be, such as "2 minutes earlier".

It's also worth bearing in mind that the service doesn't always run to timetable, and it can take one very small thing to knock a train back 30 seconds - or for one to be cancelled!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

The point Kate makes about letters in the times is very useful - what once looked like an impossible Heathrow start became easy once you realised the incoming train arrived several minutes ahead of what JP said
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

cool, so would you say its better to work the timings on the WTT's? or do it on something like the tfl journey planner?
Best FNC time