SAMS ATTEMPT

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Nigel
Zone 5

Re: SAMS ATTEMPT

Post by Nigel »

Right - I've now sent e-mails to the news desks of the two offending publications, asking them to publish a correction.

If anyone spots any further instances of misreporting, please post them here so that they can be similarly followed up.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

DrainBrain wrote:Geez, even I've done the DLR in 2h 30m 46s.

Why didn't I tell you this before? Because I thought it was a rubbish time and was planning to go back and beat it.
Faster than me.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

LMAO what a joke, love the comments about other passengers encouraging them after all it's a pretty gruelling challenge :lol:

Anyway no doubt they will be the first people to now visit every tube station :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I've posted slagging off their journalism

(and got a reply saying my comment was pending approval "i'm afraid" - quality journalism)
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Iain wrote:I've posted slagging off their journalism

(and got a reply saying my comment was pending approval "i'm afraid" - quality journalism)
Ditto and still not posted either comment that I can see....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I think nigel and son should get their own article me thinks apparently they had asked the dlr about it and they were not aware of anybody past ever attempting this particular feet (they do also claim and apologised that it was their fault that they hadnt done any research in to this)

so nigel perhaps you should contact the dlr officially and get this claim recognised that way if a celebration you & son could be invited to some posh do perhaps?
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Nigel wrote:Right - I've now sent e-mails to the news desks of the two offending publications, asking them to publish a correction.

If anyone spots any further instances of misreporting, please post them here so that they can be similarly followed up.
Bit late (for me) but I have also contacted both and informed them. The first (wharf.co.uk) seemed a bit annoyed that I called (maybe he's had lots of calls? :P) However the person who did the East London Advertiser story was more helpful and I sent him a link to Ollie's page detailing all the times noted.

I also told him that the DLR had been done quicker in its current format before these two in a quicker time by a member on this forum.

I also told him that I had an even quicker time which I plan to do sometime this summer.
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

I've not had a reply to my e-mails from either of the offending publications. I'll give them a couple of days and then I will make a more formal complaint, as according to the Press Complaints Commission Code of Conduct for Editors, newspapers are supposed to publish corrections if inaccuracies are brought to their attention.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Nigel wrote:I've not had a reply to my e-mails from either of the offending publications. I'll give them a couple of days and then I will make a more formal complaint, as according to the Press Complaints Commission Code of Conduct for Editors, newspapers are supposed to publish corrections if inaccuracies are brought to their attention.
I also emailed the author of the first article, to which I also have not received any sort of acknowledgement or response.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

The editor of the wharf told me that a correction is being published in this week's edition. Maybe someone could get a copy of it?
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

garion24wales wrote:The editor of the wharf told me that a correction is being published in this week's edition. Maybe someone could get a copy of it?
There is a correction in today's print edition of The Wharf. It is on page 6 which can be found on their digital reader version here:
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... 5480bb6073

Nothing in yesterday's East London Advertiser though, so I think a more formal letter to the Editor is now due.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

Not really a correction, is it?

I've found the mysterious "Sam"'s Twitter account. I will try to lure him into this forum. :twisted:
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Seems we're hanging on the definition of "officially".

Another observation: when Sam Gunner claims "I believe we found the best route with as little doubling back on ourselves as possible", can that be true by starting in the middle (i.e. at Poplar) of a network with several end-points to visit?
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

First thing I thought when I saw his route was "Could there possibly be a worse station to start at?"
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

The route is far from optimal. I wonder if these guys realised that leaving the network was permitted?