Alteration of posts

Your comments and suggestions on this forum are welcome here
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Alteration of posts

Post by GuyBarry »

Sam wrote: Well, welcome to the world of fun and frolics where we try not take ourselves too seriously and have a bit of light humour now and again.
...says the miseryguts who was intent on spoiling the counting thread with irrelevant drivel.
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

GuyBarry wrote:
Sam wrote: Well, welcome to the world of fun and frolics where we try not take ourselves too seriously and have a bit of light humour now and again.
...says the miseryguts who was intent on spoiling the counting thread with irrelevant drivel.
Oh you do make me laugh... Drivel!? With the crap you're coming out with.

Jeez. The only misery guts around here is you.

Now run along.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Well, I was having a lot of fun here until yesterday. Never mind. I'll go somewhere else.

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Bye then

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I am about ready to blow my top on a number of issues now. Please stop this stupid argument before I explode.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

scrxisi wrote:I'm offended that people are so easily "offended", try stopping that.
Mr Guru, this issue still needs dealing with :P

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

What exactly is the "issue" here, in your opinion?

I can see several that need addressing, and I intend to address them.

Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

People just need to lighten up. Things are taken way too seriously.

The main issue I have is being told I'm a misery guts when I was just having a laugh. People who know what I'm like will understand this. Those who don't, Guybarry get easily offended and over react.

I'll stop posting for now, it's easier.

tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

GuyBarry, please feel free to stay if you would like, but please be aware that we generally do not take ourselves very seriously. Humour on here is often silly/bizarre, and I hope, despite having a different sense of humour, we can continue to be an active forum that appreciates all members contributions. Regarding the counting thread, I created the original one at a time when the boundaries of the 'never ending games' was being pushed, a thread called 'count' and the post simply containing '1'. This was intended purely as a humourous jab, and it was funny when it was locked. Out of the blue Nozzacook started the second thread, with a bit more of an objective, to avoid being locked. The thread was BOUND to contain silly posts sooner or later- indeed the fact posting was a late addition. Despite my best attempts to post silly facts (which I hope some people found amusing, you even seemed to like my countdown one...), your contributed facts were interesting and I did learn some new things.

Can we carry on as before, please?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

GuyBarry wrote:I was a forum administrator for many years and I would never have dreamed of doing such a thing, even in jest.
I was a forum administrator as well, on another forum using the phpbb software (hence I know pretty much straight away what Tubeguru had done, and didn't assume it was anything personal) and used the word censor on occasion, either to correct common mis-spellings or for funnier reasons.

Mind you, I have a sense of humour and a tendancy not to take most things on the internet too seriously.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

jamesthegill wrote:Mind you, I have a sense of humour and a tendancy not to take most things on the internet too seriously.
That more or less sums it all up. I feel exactly the same way.

Member of sweet FA
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

I think doing something like changing "the" to "ze" would be all right if you were just sharing a private joke between friends and you knew that everyone would see the point of it. Unfortunately, it's in the nature of forums like this that you don't necessarily know everyone you're dealing with. A change like that affects everyone on the forum - it's virtually impossible to write a post without the word "the" in it - and there may well be people who see it very differently from the way you do. Speaking personally, I wasn't offended but I was irritated - I tend to "hear" what I write to some extent, and to have it coming out in the voice of Inspector Clouseau rather than my own voice made it seem as though someone else had written it. I had to resort to writing "thé" instead, which was a nuisance.

Maybe I've misjudged the tone of the forum, but in my experience administrators do such things at their peril.

Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

All of this happened while I disappeared from the forum for the best part of two months.. :O
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

That'll teach you to keep an eye on ze place.

Member of sweet FA