Olympia Shuttle

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: Olympia Shuttle

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:What i like to know Moley is why are you not a politician if u can arrange a dinner with a head member of tfl and he agreed to see you and spend time in your company?

which answer the question is he a personal friend?
How did you draw the conclusion between Moley posting about Olympia and them having dinner? I don't get it...!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Sam wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:What i like to know Moley is why are you not a politician if u can arrange a dinner with a head member of tfl and he agreed to see you and spend time in your company?

How did you draw the conclusion between Moley posting about Olympia and them having dinner? I don't get it...!
it sounded better! and more polite
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Sam wrote:

it sounded better! and more polite
OK, maybe in Andis messed up logic...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I had a chat with him too - seconded - nice chap, and the resounding question that he re-iterated his answer for was that "There are no plans to withdraw the service altogether", meaning that we're stuck with it like it is for a while!

Chris though is not letting on the fact that he was in the cab of the leading car of the train talking to Howard Collins at the time! Heh. Chris got his cab ride at last. :D well done, mate.

There were loads of nice people there, and it was a good chance to talk to a lot of LU staff and find out bits and pieces about work that goes on behind the scenes! I got chatting to the manager of the track replacement program of the sub-surface lines, and i can now rattle off many facts about the work that they do than is probably healthy, He heh. Farewell A-Stock! (Aaaaand, back on topic to Olympia...)
palkanetoijala31

geofftech wrote:I had a chat with him too - seconded - nice chap, and the resounding question that he re-iterated his answer for was that "There are no plans to withdraw the service altogether", meaning that we're stuck with it like it is for a while!

Chris though is not letting on the fact that he was in the cab of the leading car of the train talking to Howard Collins at the time! Heh. Chris got his cab ride at last. :D well done, mate.

There were loads of nice people there, and it was a good chance to talk to a lot of LU staff and find out bits and pieces about work that goes on behind the scenes! I got chatting to the manager of the track replacement program of the sub-surface lines, and i can now rattle off many facts about the work that they do than is probably healthy, He heh. Farewell A-Stock! (Aaaaand, back on topic to Olympia...)
ok back on topic of Olympia would anybody agree its probably the most run into station on the network from various possibilities ie (hsk,w ken,barons ct,earls ct,shep bush,goldhawk rd,shep bush mrkt and even latimer rd if u believe Marc Gawley)
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I think that I'd have to go along with that. North Ealing or Park Royal might see a few interesting runs maybe.
palkanetoijala31

certainly north ealing to west acton is a nice architectural run i must admit i do run it so fast i never fail to admire the houses though takes the mind off running some what!.Personally i love Snaresbrook to Wood Street looking at the lovely ducks and swans as u go past.

and for merit i personally like the West ken to kensington O run simple because its challenging and very twisty
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

Does anyone know anywhere where a list of Olympia service exhibition days is available?

Or is it just a case of scouring the JP until one turns up? Any ideas how far in advance is the JP updated?
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

The last announced one was last friday, according to the FOI requests I've seen.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

I Don't think they appear in journey planner any more.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

The trains on 1st March are showing in the Journey Planner.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

I have tried the JP for every "Public" event at Olympia until then end of the summer and none of them are showing District services. :(
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Bloody Olympia! :x

Death by stealth!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Is the first time we've not known of any future dates?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Am refusing to rely on exhibition days, the journey planner lies. TfL lies. Arse/Elbow situation, to a massive extreme. We're now exclusively using routes which use one of the 7 trains a day, i.e. non-exhib day services. It's a pathetic situation.