New York

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
palkanetoijala31

New York

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Im going to new York again later this year for 7 days to give this another go at it would anybody be interested in giving this a try with me?
The Raven
All Zones

Re: New York

Post by The Raven »

Interested..... :)
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Won't be able to do it this year, or next year or for the 3 years after that for that matter but I WILL do it one year!
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
palkanetoijala31

Rhys1995 wrote:Won't be able to do it this year, or next year or for the 3 years after that for that matter but I WILL do it one year!
better start saving now then because it aint cheap!
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Somehow I knew that.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Although once you have got there, the fares are cheap. You can get a 7 day unlimited pass for about the same price as a 1 Day Peak 1-9 Travelcard.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Although once you have got there, the fares are cheap. You can get a 7 day unlimited pass for about the same price as a 1 Day Peak 1-9 Travelcard.
Incredible! I narrowly missed an opportunity to hit the Paris Metro in August as I was near to there (well an over-priced Disneyland so take what you want out of that) but alas I couldn't get to Paris. Damn.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I went into Paris one day when I was at Disney last October and I spent a lot of time on the Metro. Was interesting :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
palkanetoijala31

Well seeing us brits no longer hold this record how about arranging to get it back we are heading in november 3 of the original team are interested anybody willing!
palkanetoijala31

It seems a certain marc gawley went over to try and achieve this shame he still has no class and respect to certain tubechallengers
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:It seems a certain marc gawley went over to try and achieve this shame he still has no class and respect to certain tubechallengers
Why does he have no class and respect?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

so i have decided later on this year to go over and try this out again i be going alone unless anybody wanted to join me november time not clashing with tube challenge the film. In fact i might just wait until it has finished then hop on a flight to new york day after.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

There are three new stations opening on the new Second Avenue Subway that are due to open by the end of December so might be worth waiting for them to open before doing an attempt?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

greatkingrat wrote:There are three new stations opening on the new Second Avenue Subway that are due to open by the end of December so might be worth waiting for them to open before doing an attempt?
Or be the last person to hold under the current amount. I'd wait though, as it might be reset, making it easier to get the record
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR