forum members on tv

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
palkanetoijala31

Re: forum members on tv

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

geofftech wrote:So who's in the forthcoming documentary that's about to start on BBC2 then? I suspect that some people on this forum managed to get into it ...
Well count me out first i have heard of it whats it called and when on?
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

i suddenly had this suspicion that the reason you started this thread was because you were going to pop up in an Episode as they followed you around on the record attempt, and you'd kept that quiet as well ...

if you look at my Last Victoria Line Train video, you'll quite clearly see the camera crew there. I got chatting to the camera guy and found out the production company that was doing it. i spoke to them and it was meant to start last month (January) on BBC2, but it slipped a bit. Six part one hour epsidodes documentary of tube related shennanigans ...

BBC Press Office press release is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... ctwo.shtml
palkanetoijala31

geofftech wrote:i suddenly had this suspicion that the reason you started this thread was because you were going to pop up in an Episode as they followed you around on the record attempt, and you'd kept that quiet as well ...

if you look at my Last Victoria Line Train video, you'll quite clearly see the camera crew there. I got chatting to the camera guy and found out the production company that was doing it. i spoke to them and it was meant to start last month (January) on BBC2, but it slipped a bit. Six part one hour epsidodes documentary of tube related shennanigans ...

BBC Press Office press release is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... ctwo.shtml
No know nothing about it hence my surprise i do have another reason for starting this thread in the first place but it was mainly to see with the vast amount of tv exploits by other people on various shows.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I appeared on CBBC's augmented reality TV show Bamzooki, informational video featuring me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nau11dK4Eds (21 seconds) This was filmed back in 2005, when I was 11 :P I was on series 3 episode 13, if anyone can find it somewhere. My team lost, :(

I was also in the TV audience for Techno Games, watching the sumo and football. This must have been about 10 years ago. Brilliant day, sprung on me by my parents completely as a surprise! Also memorable was the journey back, it was the foggiest journey I ever remember. You could barely see me on TV though, a great day nonetheless.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Last edited by geofftech on 08 May 2019, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

What amuses me is the way TV channels always make programmes about the tube. Why don't they come and have a play on a real railway one day, and come and follow me for a week?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Neil, if you speak to your bosses to arrange it and pay me I would happily do a fly-on-the-wall doc with you. :-)

(but in answer to your question... World's first/oldest underground railway, millions more commuters than FGW trains out west, etc.. etc... Even if you do have three trains in the top 10 busieset commuter routes into London, yes yes yes)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

geofftech wrote:Neil, if you speak to your bosses to arrange it and pay me I would happily do a fly-on-the-wall doc with you. :-)

(but in answer to your question... World's first/oldest underground railway, millions more commuters than FGW trains out west, etc.. etc... Even if you do have three trains in the top 10 busieset commuter routes into London, yes yes yes)
I don't think railway companies are as open to the idea as tube bosses. I also don't think there'd be enough interest in following a driver in his day-to-day duties. I might mention it to one person I know at work, but the rest would ignore the idea.

Member of sweet FA
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

There was a program last week about a Virgin Trains driver who went to Peru to drive freight trains in the Andes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ncxkd
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I watched that. I would love to have a go on that Peruvian railway! Going over the south Wales hills is like going along the flat in comparison to that.

Member of sweet FA
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Was a fantastic show. That mine was just amazing :shock:
The King is back! Long live The King!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

You will find out when it is aired...
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Tangy ur alive welcome back!
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Tangy is it you then :D
The King is back! Long live The King!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Sky plus is all ready to record monday's program, I'm always out on a monday evening. Quite looking forward to it.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*