Bucharest non-standard completion

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
sirloin
Zone 1

Bucharest non-standard completion

Post by sirloin »

Having stumbled upon what is doubtless the appropriate forum for this kind of thing, here is a short message to say that last May I set what was possibly a double first in visiting every station in the Bucharest Metro in one day, not merely passing through but exiting at each point, breathing in fresh air and surveying whichever panorama that presented itself before then re-entering, thereby having the ticket machine stamp my ticket with the respective station's name and the time; total time was c.8 hrs 30 mins.

I dare say a similar completion - which in itself is more complete a completion, in that one can not only say that one is acquainted with each stop's interior design but also its exterior aspect - would not be possible within the space of a normal day's operation on the LU; a New Year's Eve/Day job, perhaps?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Bucharest non-standard completion

Post by Going Underground »

Hello Sirloin and welcome :D

An interesting scenario, however I would imagine that even with the system operating through the night at New Year that you would have to come back to complete this over a few days...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Bucharest non-standard completion

Post by greatkingrat »

If you allow 3 min per station to exit, take the photo, reenter and wait for the next train, that would be an extra 13.5 hrs compared with a normal full network.

You probably could do it in two days if you really wanted to.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver