Who Are You? Tell Us!

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Who Are You? Tell Us!

Post by tubeguru »

OK, I don't know about you lot but it struck me in the pub after Zone 1 just how few of you I could put a name to. I'm sure that there are a few of you who were also bemused as to who was who among our number.

So with that in mind I had the brainwave of a "who are you?" thread, and so here it is. The idea is simple - post a picture of yourself in this thread and tell us a bit about yourself. You'd be surprised how many people don't know who everyone else is at these things. The more people we get, the more interesting it becomes - even you "regulars" can join in.

Note - PLEASE do not post huge pictures. The picture below is 500 pixels wide as a guide for you.

So I'll go first then. My name is Neil and I am 35 years old. The rest I'm sure you know from various threads on this forum.

One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Who Are You? Tell Us!

Post by Soup Dragon »

I am Antony, one of the many Brown's on this forum. I'm 43 years old and for those who don't know I work for Air New Zealand (sometimes my t-shirts are a bit of a giveaway). I am a dab hand at Jenga!

One day I shall return!
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

I'm James, I'm 20 and I hail from the fair county of Norfolk. I'm studying Law with European Legal Systems at UEA and in my spare time I work for Norfolk Constabulary.

There's no recent photos of me to my knowledge (until the photos of Z1 2008 come out) so in the meantime just imagine a beard!
Last edited by snudge27 on 31 May 2008, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

I'm Phil, 35, and a full time teacher and part time police officer. One of the many Gillingham supporters on the forum.

Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

scrxisi wrote:I'm Matthew, aged 24 or 25 depending on how quickly you read this.
When is/was your birthday then Matt?
One day I shall return!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I am Anthony, aged 22. I am the Underground Masker and have released a single and an album at past Zone 1 Challenges. I have yet to complete the full challenge and once held the Zone 1 record for about two weeks.

I'm currently living in Australia.

Photo coming soon!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Dave, Student in Sheffield, born in the 1980's. Still haven't got round to doing a tube challenge in five years of being interested. Picture may appear here in future, having just been through a few, it appears that I usually pull faces when approached with a camera.
What would I know? - I'm from Yorkshire for starters...
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I'm Garion, I'm 18, live in Cardiff, love spending time on the Underground and Msn and watching television. Currently at college studying A-levels. I love going out, I love driving (in a nice new car :wink: ) and also anything else that interests me :)

And I support Cardiff City!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

My name is Damian I'm 38 & when not running round the underground I run a pub in the far west of cornwall.

26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I'm waiting for someone to upload a photo of me from the Zone 1 day so I can share it here...
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

I am Richie G... some may have refered to me in the past as The Legendary Richie G... though nobody here...

I am 22, working in an FE college as a technician (Photography, Media and AVA), and am quite, quite mad. I am interested in railway infrastructure, not necessarily the trains themselves, and of course, the Underground infrastructure is very interesting indeed! I live in Devon, which isn't really that far away from London anyway, and of course I always get the train into Paddington :)

I have less hair now... (balding at 22 :() Most people know me as Richie, as that is my name, or at least a variation of it. I hate it when people put a 'T' in there, which is more often than you'd have thought... I am also currently wearing the same T-shirt that I am wearing in the above photograph, but hopefully not the same underwear (although, if I am, it has been put through the washing machine at least once, hopefully twice).
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Hi my name is Andy im 33 and when i am here in the Uk i live in Bournemouth and work for the local hospital as a pharmacist in training.When im not here in Tampere Finland i work as a part time Bar worker and croupier on the Blackjack tables.Notoriously bad for swearing on the full network have done more full 269 challenges this year than anybody else will be no 10 on Children in need day.

Main interests are Formula 1,Liverpool Fc,Cycling John O Groats to Lands end and drinking.

And when i can figure out how to do a picture i put 1 on here.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I'm John and I'm 24 and a maths student at university. I support Hayes and Yeading United. Here I am with my fan club:

Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Starkey7 wrote:I'm John and I'm 24 and a maths student at university. I support Hayes and Yeading United. Here I am with my fan club:
Blimey John you've certainly got some pulling power, but your maths isn't so good. I thought that you are now 25?
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

got any numbers for any of these women jon :)