Any teamless people??

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
juggler
Zone 2

Well

Post by juggler »

I have no need of Pantene or any other shampoo for that matter... as you will soon discover :P
----------------------------------------------------
In letters of gold on a snow-white kite, I will write "I love you!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!

RIP Billy McK 1957-1997
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

A Conga between Northwick Park and Kenton would certainly look quite funny ...
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Conga? Fantastic - bring it on.

I'm another teamless wonder, but I'm not worrying about it. In fact I'm probably too laid back for my own good - I only got around to deciding to do this for sure on Sunday night, though I have been planning routes for the last week or so (to a point that it's become a bit obsessive, and I've now got a potential team together for future record attempts, so Geoff'n'Neil watch your backs.... :D ).

Nikki (I'm guessing that's the name of the OP of this thread) - my route planning went the same as yours - I allowed the maximum margin for error (accounting for 3mph walking speed too) and ended up running out of time to a similar degree. Then I went through it all again, assuming I'd make *every single* 1-minute connection (regardless of the fact that I don't really know any of the stations, and which connections might involve 20 sets of escalators, and which ones might be a simple case of crossing the platform, though I did get some very useful advice from John - cheers mate!), and it *just* works.

And in other news - in another stroke of leavingthingstoolate-ness, I knew that, in only deciding to do this on Sunday night, I was almost certainly too late to order a t-shirt, so I didn't even try. I'll probably start a separate thread on this, but has anyone got a spare that they've ordered for someone who now can't make it? I'm not the thinnest person in Christendom, so an XL would probably suit fine, though I might squeeze into an L. Anyone? Thinking about it (and people may well be doing this anyway) - it might be an idea for everyone with spare t-shirts to bring them along, for the useless ones like me who didn't get organised in time.

Also - regarding food at the Boot + Slipper - I've just phoned them, and the kitchen's open until 9:45pm, so best to order by 9:20-9:30pm at the very latest.

And for those who hadn't thought about it (apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere), I'm told it'd a very good idea to get a ticket the night before, to avoid messing about the following morning, but make sure (this is really quite important) that you ask for a ticket for the following day, and that you check it before walking away from the ticket office!

But, erm, yeah, routes, teams, blah, yeah, I've got a route planned, which could one day develop into a world-beater, but tomorrow I'll probably tag onto another team, unless of course there's someone there that's got exactly the same route as me, that I get along with well. Who knows.

And I've got mine printed out from Excel, with a separate column for connection times, distances for road runs/walks, and as much info as possible on changes (which carriage to get off, etc), and advice for good shops for supplies along the way. All on 2 A4 sheets.

I also proudly recited it this morning to a bloke at work. I told him he really didn't want to hear it as it'd probably bore him, but he insisted, so I did, and I can now proudly recite my route. I was even thinking of putting it in song form.

Now there's a mad idea - do a light hearted song, incorporating the whole of one person's route, get a load of us in a studio, and release it as a charity single! Seriously! I'd be well up for trying to co-ordinate something like this, and could knock up a lively cockney-esque melody, and could play piano on the track - are there any/many other decent musicians doing this that might be up for doing something like this? I've got a mate who's got a home studio setup that I could persuade to record it, possibly!

Anyone?

Right, I think that's all I wanted to say.

Tartar,

Peter

P.S. to summarise - spare t-shirts, get ticket wednesday night, order food by 9:20pm, charity single.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Better late than never as they say.

I've replied to a couple of your points - please see the seperate topics.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

P.S. to summarise - spare t-shirts, get ticket wednesday night, order food by 9:20pm, charity single.
That's quite easily the longest and funniest post i have seen for a while.

OH MY GOD!

What have i started? lean mean lupton is out to beat us Neil! and it's all my fault ...

Spare t-shirt: Ask Tami
Get ticket: Already discussed elsewhere
Food: I'm ordering mind at 7 when I turn up!
Charity single: I believe a seperate thread has started on this one.

[/quote]
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Aug 2005, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

geofftech wrote:
That's quite easily the longest and funniest post i have seen for a while.

OH MY GOD!

What have i started? lean mean lupton is out to beat us Neil! and it's all my fault ...
Though I doubt it'll happen any time soon - I had enough grief planning a route to just fit them all in, let along finish by midnight!
geofftech wrote: Spare ticket : Ask Tami
Get ticket: Already discussed elsewhere
Food: I'm ordering mind at 7 when I turn up!
Charity single: I believe a seperate thread has started on this one.
Yup, Food - I'll definitely be ordering mine straight away, once I've decided what to eat (normally takes me a while to whittle things down).

Right, lots of shopping today - anyone recommend a shop to get a mesh/transparent rucksack from?
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Just wander down Oxford Street .. bound to be some street-trader flogging them somewhere. Personally I'm popping onto the LU museum shop to get something - anything - it's a prechallenge "tradition" of mine ...
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

TheFatBuoy wrote:
Right, lots of shopping today - anyone recommend a shop to get a mesh/transparent rucksack from?
Transparent rucksack :? :? Don't get me started :lol:
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Transparent Bag - personally shall just be using my normal drawstring sports bag - but then of ocurse I will be carrying a memeber of the BTP wilth me for the duration for my own protection ;P
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Yay! My CafePress t-shirts turned up just NOW - just in time!

That's £12 you owe me Neil.

Oh, anyone else want to meet me & Tami for lunch in Covent Garden in the shadow the LU museum today? Send me an email to geofftech if you do ..