Any teamless people??

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Fimb
Zone 2

Any teamless people??

Post by Fimb »

OK, instead of stressing at Geoff every day over this, I shall start a thread!!

Any other teamless people out there?

I have a route that *does* cover every tube station.. OK, might not get us round in the time allowed, but it IS a route (1 hour 45 minute too long, but that is taking worst case scenario for every change.. Longest journey and longest wait used each time)!!

Can I tempt anyone to keep me company? Anyone who is unfit and doesn't want to run anyway *laughing*

I'm sure I can find other inducements.. like.. um.. chocolate?!
juggler
Zone 2

Well

Post by juggler »

I don't have a "team" at the moment but I thought that was something we were going to work out on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning? I certainly don't fancy going round on my lonesome

If this is any inducement I have a route that works out at 18hrs and 43mins barring delays.... wohoo! :D Oh and I am also taking an MP3 player with 5000 songs on it so you're bound to find something on there you like, and a bogroll in case of extreme emergencies lol
----------------------------------------------------
In letters of gold on a snow-white kite, I will write "I love you!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!

RIP Billy McK 1957-1997
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

I'll meet your tunes (OK, only 1000 of them!)

and raise you the first 3 the of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy radio series!!

(ps - as Geoff has discovered, I am terrible at trying to leave things till the last minute.. plus, by the time I get ome from work, change, grab my bag its going to be 9ish before I get to the pub)
juggler
Zone 2

Post by juggler »

Oh, I'm sadder than you! I have my route spiral bound and colour coded, and I have a written checklist of things that need to go into my rucksack... :roll:

I'm not a manic obsessive honest!

RIP Billy McK 1957-1997
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Nikki,

as i've said to every time you send me a stress out email, you can get a far better idea of what everyone is like on Wednesday evening and for the first two hours on Thursday morning - and decided then who you do/don't want to tag along with. so STOP fannying about over it !! Chill people, chill ...

G.
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

Why don't we just do the whole thing as a Conga?
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

I am SO thankful that mine isn't the only route that has been colour coded... but.. spiral bound? Now that is impressive!

And its OK.. I'm chilling again
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

Fimb wrote:I am SO thankful that mine isn't the only route that has been colour coded... but.. spiral bound? Now that is impressive!
Not only is mine colour coded, it's HTMLified and I made a stylesheet with all of the official TfL RGB codes in (though they're not the "web safe" ones).

Before you ask, yes I do have too much time on my hands ;)

Cheers,

Barry

EDIT: Waa! It might look good on-screen, but my printer (HP DeskJet 990cxi) doesn't like the colours for the East London, H&C or Jubilee :( Bah!
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Tsk! <b>Real men</b> know their route in their head without having to even look at a map. ;-)

Ok, i'll get my coat ...
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Mr Barrykas..

don't suppose ~cough~ you could send me that list of official RGB values, could you? or tell me where you've got them from? I have a little CSS stylesheet of my own which I'd like to edit up ...

<Geek mode: NOW OFF>
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

geofftech wrote:don't suppose ~cough~ you could send me that list of official RGB values, could you? or tell me where you've got them from? I have a little CSS stylesheet of my own which I'd like to edit up ...
They're on the TfL site. Specifically, HERE and click on the "Colours" link (which'll open up a PDF).

As I say, my one uses the RGB values, rather than the "web safe" ones, as the latter results in the Circle and East London Lines being the same colour.

I've also sent ya an e-mail with my stylesheet as an attachment ;)

Cheers,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Right..

I'll just look around and pretend I have the faintest clue as to what you're talking about...
juggler
Zone 2

Well

Post by juggler »

We could go on and talk about Pantone Matching System colours if you like.... I'm selecting some at the moment for a few external publications that we are preparing - all very exciting stuff!

(basically they are industry-standard colour values that include every possible colour in the spectrum and ensure all your logos etc look exactly the same, whoever produces them for you and whatever medium they are printed/displayed on)

RIP Billy McK 1957-1997
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Re: Well

Post by Nutteronabus »

juggler wrote:We could go on and talk about Pantone Matching System colours if you like....
Ahhhh- Shampoo!

Now I getcha! :D
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I think there's mileage in the Conga idea ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA