"NOT AFRAID" - Tube Relief 2005

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Ahhh- excellent.

The psychics are out in force today, I see!
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

Nutteronabus wrote:Actually, if you're going Westbound through Ruislip Manor, does it qualify as a pass-through?
I would have thought that, as we're not going for a record attempt, it would be perfectly reasonable to treat the affected stations as a passthrough. Geoff?

Cheers,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Alansslonep wrote:The following stations will be closed next Thursday, at/after the times shown.

Ruislip Manor westbound - all day
Eastcote - after 2100
Hounslow Central - after 2200.
All of these count as a passthrough if you pass-through them when they are closed - same rules as Queensway. Why? Because it is a temporary change to the timetable NOT a permanent one. This includes stations that are only closed one way - you don't have to visit the station in the direction that it is open.

The situation where pass throughs do not count is Cannon Street after 2100 - because no trains are timetabled to stop there on the permanant timetable. On tube relief though, a blind eye will be turned if you pass through Cannon Street on say, the last train to Upminster.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Nicely put moley .. er, nothing else for me to add, said it all perfectly!
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

It probably won't help on the day, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. ETA is now available for the Jubilee, Bakerloo, Northern, and Victoria Lines. As before it's available on WAP, and for browser equiped PDAs, for when you are on the move.

The address for the normal version is http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

I certainly expect to use ETA for the Victoria Line, and it might come in handy at Stratford and Stanmore. I guess it *might* come in handy at Kenton, but...

Oh, and Morden is a critical change via the outdoors as well, so...
Alansslonep
Zone 1

Post by Alansslonep »

Another warning for you all. There will be roadworks, resurfacing so quite major, next Thursday in Wimbledon Village, which will affect buses 93 & 493, two of the routes that you may be thinking of using for the conenction between Wimbledon and Morden.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Any problems with Tramlink as a result?

(Tramlink double-plus good)
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Bus! At Wimbledon? Tsk .. use the TRAM people to/from Morden Road.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Jinx!
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

I'm certainly intending on doing the tram -- itl'll give me Tube, Walk, Tram, Bus and 2xTrain as my means of getting around and that's pretty much everything we're allowed to use.
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

Whats wrong with walking that connection. I'm the most unfit person I know and have a bone condition in my leg but I can still walk that in 15 minutes! Come on people! Next you'll suggest taking a bus from Kenton to Northwick Park!
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Why walk when you can get a Tram! ?
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

The tram to Morden Road is only every 10 minutes and even when you get there it is still at least 5 minutes walk away from Morden LU.
garda
Zone 2

Post by garda »

Remember those shirts from cafe press? The one I ordered from Geoff's design came in today. What's up with that? I thought they weren't going to let us have that logo?