Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

Iain wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 17:44 This week I visited Pocket parkrun - a nice two lapper on a mix of surfaces. The minute's silence just before the start was a nice touch, and then I set off waaaaay too fast and blew up about 3km in. I slowed down significantly in the last mile, but still finished in my second fastest time for ages at just over 27 minutes. If I can get the pace right next week at Worthing then I'm hopeful of a time close to 26 minutes.
Good luck at Worthing next week, shame that I don't live there anymore, otherwise it would have been nice to meet up.
If the wind is relatively light then I would recommend that you just try and run even splits. The course is pancake flat so very easy to run at an even pace. There are markers every km so you have every chance of getting close to 26 minutes, aim for 5:12 - 5:18/km pace. :D
One day I shall return!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Ah good, sounds very promising if the wind isn't too tricky
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

It was Tail Walking duties for me on Saturday, as I try to recover from achilles tendonitis.
Due to several Cornish parkruns being cancelled (all those on National Trust land), Penryn Campus had a much larger turnout than usual.
A minutes silence for H M Queen Elizabeth II, was followed by a round of applause.
I'm really pleased that parkrun allowed things to go ahead this weekend, cancelling all of the runs would have been a bad decision IMO.

Anyhow.... here are the full results https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

another challenge completed BJORN AGAIN ABERDARE,ABERDEEN,ABERWYSWYTH AND ABERBEEG parkruns all completed people ahead of me in most events repeating a lot its a good time to climb im coming for that WODERWICK on the parkrun forums lol
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Best ever age grading today for me - and just snuck under 26 minutes at Worthing. Pancake flat, straight as they come apart from the U turn just before halfway and a slight deviation at the end. A great team too - heartily recommend.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Londone plus completed yesterday at Bexley
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Well done to Iain on setting a new age grade PB, and Kevin and Andi for Lon-done and Bjorn Again challenges.
I think they should have the CornwALL and the SussexFULL challenges, they are the only ones I've achieved :lol:

Here are this weeks full stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

well done kevin i suggest that when a new london one comes up you me iain and geoff all attend
tube olympic winner once
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Did my best time since the pandemic at Newborough Forest on Saturday! Not a flat course, but one that suits me-gently up for the first half, and then downhill so I can cruise to the finish when I often tire and slow!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

im doing my best times since the scamdemic fitness levels going well up not sure where its coming from to be honest! hopefully ican get back to under 20mins sometime in future. california country parkrun was my one of my closest i hadnt done and counts to the south east region next lot are a few around the oxfordshire are in mid october.
tube olympic winner once
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Finally my first trip abroad before [REDACTED] that stop all normal people from travelling.

a beautiful trip on the eurostar to amsterdam far too early in the morning though next time i take the later ones. got the train over to den haag and stayed in the lovely court garden hotel some distance from the parkrun at zuiderpark. started off ok but seeing as i was on my own in a pocket between groups just got round in over 21m probably could have done better but drinks the night before probably kicked in after staying the extra day to really see how beautiful holland is and zavouring! i got back my alphabet after 6 years.

Then transfered over to dusseldorf for the nice VOLKSGARTEN parkrun went early to set up the course and blocking off paths with cones i had the advantage of knowing where to go and what to expect sprinted off and led for the 1st km in 3m 49s eventually the faster guys started coming through and i tried so hard to keep the 20 minuter pacer in my sight coming round final bend i really gave it a lot of effort managing a 20m 24s a pb for over 3 years obviously the fitness is coming back now thank you BORIS not!
Last edited by Golf on 05 Oct 2022, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
tube olympic winner once
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Here are the latest parkrun stats.
These don't include anybody who ran in Germany on Monday, I will add those results next week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Here are the parkrun stats for last week.

The spreadsheet only shows the most recent run, which was on 8th October, however, three of our clan ran in Germany on Unity Day (3rd October)
Andi was 7th at Volsgarten in 20:24
Tractakid and Geofftech were both at Rheinpark, finishing in 62nd and 88th in times of 26:18 and 29:02.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I thought Beer Baron had gone on a scooter from reading the highlights page, then realised the formula used for the times goes back to zero when over 60 mins :lol: hope BB and GU enjoyed the bridge though!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.