Various comments for tangy!

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
DavidC
Zone 6

Various comments for tangy!

Post by DavidC »

Hello tangy. Many thanks for updating the ExplorerTicket site last month - my apologies for only just noticing.

The text says Zone 1 and South London have been updated for Battersea/NLE but, despite various attempts at refreshing, I can't see a reset for Zone 1 (including my time from January). Am I doing something silly or failing to do something intelligent?!

Are there any plans for introducing any new challenges and/or resetting any existing challenges when you-know-what opens later this month? I know the Elizabeth Line isn't a tube line, but I wondered whether there were any interchange or demise-of-TFLRail or Overground implications, plus of course any new Elizabeth Line specific challenges in the offing.

I have been wondering about doing a (non-Guinness) FNC. Is there an ExplorerTicket category for FNCs that are deemed acceptable here regardless of Guinness? I couldn't see one but maybe I should go to Specsavers!

Thanks again for all you do with adjudicating and administering all the alternative challenges.

DavidC
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Various comments for tangy!

Post by RJSRdg »

I was certainly considering attempting an EL Challenge once the line opens. However the record will re-set when Bond Street opens, and possibly also when Terminal 4 reopens. Additionally of course, the challenge will become much easier when through running is established.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

At the risk of sending this thread off course (I'm interested in seeing my Z1 time on the official table too!), one EL challenge could possibly be going Abbey Wood to Paddington or vice versa passing through all stations but never using the EL itself?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Incidentally Chrome won't currently let me access ExplorerTicket. I get the message:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.explorerticket.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Works OK on Microsoft Edge though.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

RJSRdg wrote: 06 May 2022, 08:39 Incidentally Chrome won't currently let me access ExplorerTicket. I get the message:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.explorerticket.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Works OK on Microsoft Edge though.
This sis due the expiration of the SSL certificate for my domain (which tells the browser the domain is safe and secured) thus will not currently open as a HTTPS:// webpage.

I am going through the motions with my domain provider to renew the certificate. Should be sorted in a few days.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Hugh Hillier
Zone 1

New time for all line challenge

Post by Hugh Hillier »

name Hugh Hillier
Date 8/7/22
Time 1:05:44
To ride one part of all 11 tube lines
Please put on explorer ticket leaderboard