Thinking out loud

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Thinking out loud

Post by tubeguru »

ANDY_JS wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 13:35 Something that would be very useful for people doing the Tube Challenge would be if tube stations had drinking water fountains or water dispensers, particularly if they were on the platforms rather than in the entrance areas.
And given the high possibility of somebody catching something from somebody else, or from a filthy dispenser/fountain, I would say you have no chance of that ever happening.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2021
Member of sweet FA
tintin
Zone 1

Post by tintin »

tubeguru wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 14:13
ANDY_JS wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 13:35 Something that would be very useful for people doing the Tube Challenge would be if tube stations had drinking water fountains or water dispensers, particularly if they were on the platforms rather than in the entrance areas.
And given the high possibility of somebody catching something from somebody else, or from a filthy dispenser/fountain, I would say you have no chance of that ever happening.
Thames Water started installing water fountains at stations in 2019 (designed to refill water bottles rather than the traditional water fountain design), but had to switch them off because of the pandemic. They haven't been taken out though, so one day I'm sure they'll be switched on again.
Tramlink: 2:07:14 (301219)
DLR: 1:56:33 (130320)
South of the River: 2:05:58 (050220)
South of the River post NLE: 2:04:34 (210921)
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

If you've got time on the platform to fill your water bottle, your challenge has gone wrong somewhere ;-)
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge