Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
Post Reply
User avatar
greatkingrat
All Zones
Posts: 2508
Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 00:35

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by greatkingrat »

jamesthegill wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 07:12 Oh yeah, forgot about Billie Eilish
I think it might be Billie Piper for the 80s as well?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
michael_churchill
Zone 6
Posts: 759
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:30
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by michael_churchill »

greatkingrat wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 11:41
jamesthegill wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 07:12 Oh yeah, forgot about Billie Eilish
I think it might be Billie Piper for the 80s as well?
Correct with both Billies!
Billie Eilish, born 18 December 2001 with "No Time To Die" (topical)
Billie Piper, born 22 September 1982 with "Because We Want To"
michael_churchill
Zone 6
Posts: 759
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:30
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by michael_churchill »

RobbieM wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 23:04 I'll have a stab at guessing it's John Lennon for the 1940s. But I could be imagining it.
Afraid not. Lennon's first solo number one was in 1980 and someone born in the 1940s beat the Beatles by six years!
User avatar
RobbieM
All Zones
Posts: 2427
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 21:14
Location: Guildford

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by RobbieM »

michael_churchill wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 08:57
RobbieM wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 23:04 I'll have a stab at guessing it's John Lennon for the 1940s. But I could be imagining it.
Afraid not. Lennon's first solo number one was in 1980 and someone born in the 1940s beat the Beatles by six years!
I misunderstood the question, I thought it had to be the person born earliest in the decade to have a number one.

I will probably go with my original idea, which is Cliff Richard?
michael_churchill
Zone 6
Posts: 759
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:30
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by michael_churchill »

RobbieM wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 10:02
michael_churchill wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 08:57
RobbieM wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 23:04 I'll have a stab at guessing it's John Lennon for the 1940s. But I could be imagining it.
Afraid not. Lennon's first solo number one was in 1980 and someone born in the 1940s beat the Beatles by six years!
I misunderstood the question, I thought it had to be the person born earliest in the decade to have a number one.

I will probably go with my original idea, which is Cliff Richard?
Understand. Of course artists born earlier in one decade are more likely to be the answer, as they're more likely to have a number one as a teenager before all others. Jimmy Osmond is the biggest anomaly as he was born latest in his decade and had a number one earliest in the next decade.
Anyway, Cliff Richard (born 5 days after John Lennon) is not the answer for the 1940s, I'm afraid.
DrainBrain
Zone 6
Posts: 964
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 10:42
Location: South of the Thames

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by DrainBrain »

I'll have a guess at Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now - for the 1970s.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
michael_churchill
Zone 6
Posts: 759
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:30
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Dastardly difficult trivia quiz

Post by michael_churchill »

DrainBrain wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 20:16 I'll have a guess at Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now - for the 1970s.
Born 2 October 1971, Tiffany is correct.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests