Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 13:59 Here are this weeks stats, congratulations to jamesthegill shaving 11 seconds off his PB.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Cheers! I had a train to catch late morning, so knew I needed to get a shift on - I didn't realise how much of a shift on I'd gotten until I got to the last bit, realised I could slow down to a stroll and pose and still get a new PB!

Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

My daughter getting her half marathon wristband for junior parkrun on Sunday. Proud dadImage

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

The Raven wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 15:48 My daughter getting her half marathon wristband for junior parkrun on Sunday. Proud dadImage

Lovely well done :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

about time u sent her to my parkrun im rd this weekend
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Finally, after over 20 months since my last one, I have returned to parkrun. After recently moving to Derby I decided that the sensible place to have my return was... Edgebaston Reservoir in Birmingham :lol: Even more ironically, this was my first parkrun in Birmingham despite living here previously for nearly 3 years!

Very simple course, 2 laps around the reservoir on predominantly tarmac paths. The reservoir, whilst not bad in itself, is like much of Birmingham and not the most... scenic of places. However, there is plenty of width most of the way around and almost no elevation to speak of. This was only it's 8th event but a very welcoming RD and volunteer base. I'm actually visiting a friend in Birmingham hence the trip and it also covers off 'E' in the Alphabet Challenge for me.

My final time was 26:56 which wasn't too bad for my first run back. I have been trying to get back into some sort of shape over the last couple of months but many weeks in hotels due to work has also meant a bit of weight to shift as well. First lap was a good steady pace but definitely ran out of fitness over the 2nd lap so plenty to work on but it's a (re)starting point :D
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

I think my run today at Upton House is possibly the wettest parkrun I've done in years! The heavens opened just after the start. I assume others also had "VW" parkrun as well?

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

The Raven wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 13:31 I think my run today at Upton House is possibly the wettest parkrun I've done in years! The heavens opened just after the start. I assume others also had "VW" parkrun as well?

We had a couple of spots of rain at the start but thankfully that was it. Only really started to rain on the way home
David
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Dry but windy at Lancing Beach Green...walked around 25k yesterday in uncomfortable footwear, then ran the 11k to the parkrun as well so by the time it kicked off I was heavy legged and had very little left in me! Finished four and a half minutes slower than last week.

Not running a parkrun for the next few weeks, abroad next weekend and then finally getting my v25 on the 16th!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

xcooler123 wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 12:42 Finally, after over 20 months since my last one, I have returned to parkrun. After recently moving to Derby I decided that the sensible place to have my return was... Edgebaston Reservoir in Birmingham :lol: Even more ironically, this was my first parkrun in Birmingham despite living here previously for nearly 3 years!

Very simple course, 2 laps around the reservoir on predominantly tarmac paths. The reservoir, whilst not bad in itself, is like much of Birmingham and not the most... scenic of places. However, there is plenty of width most of the way around and almost no elevation to speak of. This was only it's 8th event but a very welcoming RD and volunteer base. I'm actually visiting a friend in Birmingham hence the trip and it also covers off 'E' in the Alphabet Challenge for me.

My final time was 26:56 which wasn't too bad for my first run back. I have been trying to get back into some sort of shape over the last couple of months but many weeks in hotels due to work has also meant a bit of weight to shift as well. First lap was a good steady pace but definitely ran out of fitness over the 2nd lap so plenty to work on but it's a (re)starting point :D
Welcome back, it was a nice surprise to see you had run when I was checking results yesterday.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The Raven wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 13:31 I think my run today at Upton House is possibly the wettest parkrun I've done in years! The heavens opened just after the start. I assume others also had "VW" parkrun as well?

Perfectly dry and no wind at Banstead Woods, but you have to remember that this run actually takes place in Narnia, hence the weather is entirely different. It's the first even parkrun I've been to where there are no toilet facilities, which made it a very uncomfortable run for me!
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

One day I shall return!
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Soup Dragon wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 09:14
xcooler123 wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 12:42 Finally, after over 20 months since my last one, I have returned to parkrun. After recently moving to Derby I decided that the sensible place to have my return was... Edgebaston Reservoir in Birmingham :lol: Even more ironically, this was my first parkrun in Birmingham despite living here previously for nearly 3 years!

Welcome back, it was a nice surprise to see you had run when I was checking results yesterday.
Thanks, I've been itching to do one since they restarted but life and work got in the way until now! Hopefully can be a bit more regular until at least the end of the year then will have to see how the roster pans out in the New Year :D
David
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Met up with Kev, Nozza and Das at Charlton - a three lap mostly flat run. Great team and a very enjoyable outing
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Only 1of 6 people to be LONDONE congrats IAIN MCNAUGHTON I had accommodation in reading so chose to complete the reading set 4 (woodley,reading,prospect and now dinton pastures) set off really well although could have gone faster at start have to judge it better came 4th which was a pleasant surprise and met up with a friend i haven,t seen for some time she is doing bmth half next sunday very close to my house so i got a sign ready for her.
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Met up with Kev and A2 to do Henlow Bridge today. Lovely flat run around a lake 2.5 times. The trains were all over the place but fortunately A2 picked me up on his way. Then onto 'Spoons for brekkie and an unusual set of toilets where there were three doors - on the left was men's seated, on the right was men's standing. The women's was inbetween.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)