The Raven Alternative Challenge ideas

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
DavidC
Zone 5

Re: The Raven Alternative Challenge ideas

Post by DavidC »

Interesting idea, especially with the stopping patterns in different directions and the Doubletree aspect. It feels a bit like Tramlink: a quite simple underlying network complicated by a few subtleties. I haven't checked operating hours for the various routes/piers, but from memory some of them were a bit odd which would be another complicating factor.
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

I think I'm the only person to have used a Thames Clipper on an R15....

Looking at the Thames Clipper website:

RB6 (needed for Putney to Battersea Power Station) only runs weekday mornings and evenings.
RB2 only goes east of Greenwich at weekends.
RB1 only goes east of North Greenwich on weekday mornings, evenings, or weekends.

As a starter, I reckon I've found a 2:24 route.
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge
tintin
Zone 1

Post by tintin »

How about visiting all the stations in Zones 1 and 2, without leaving the network, but avoiding Bank. As in you must not go to Bank (or Monument), must not pass through, and certainly must not interchange there.
Tramlink: 2:07:14 (301219)
DLR: 1:56:33 (130320)
South of the River: 2:05:58 (050220)
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

tintin wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 14:28 How about visiting all the stations in Zones 1 and 2, without leaving the network, but avoiding Bank. As in you must not go to Bank (or Monument), must not pass through, and certainly must not interchange there.
I think this about a lot of suggestions, but especially so about this one.... why?! And also, you're not visiting all the Z1 & Z2 stations if you don't go to Bank or Monument :wink:
Lunaticonthegrass
Zone 3

Post by Lunaticonthegrass »

A (slightly) better idea - a Zone 1, with the start station and, say, 5 banned stations drawn half an hour before the start.
1 FNC (270 stations) attempt - 1 completion (18:22:43)
1 pint in 18 seconds