Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
User avatar
The Raven
All Zones
Posts: 2712
Joined: 05 Jun 2006, 23:49
Location: Perched on a branch
Contact:

Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by The Raven » 14 May 2020, 17:09

From TfL

Temporary closure of Heathrow Terminal 4 stations: Due to a significant drop in demand, all flights to/from Heathrow Airport are operating from Terminals 2 & 5 only. The Piccadilly line and TfL Rail stations at Terminal 4 are closed until further notice. All Piccadilly line and TfL Rail services to the airport are operating to/from Heathrow T1,2,3 & 5 stations. To check flight departure and arrivals.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!

Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record

DrainBrain
Zone 6
Posts: 963
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 10:42
Location: South of the Thames

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by DrainBrain » 15 May 2020, 09:06

The Raven wrote:
14 May 2020, 17:09
From TfL

Temporary closure of Heathrow Terminal 4 stations: Due to a significant drop in demand, all flights to/from Heathrow Airport are operating from Terminals 2 & 5 only. The Piccadilly line and TfL Rail stations at Terminal 4 are closed until further notice. All Piccadilly line and TfL Rail services to the airport are operating to/from Heathrow T1,2,3 & 5 stations. To check flight departure and arrivals.
This is indeed what it says on the station status page. TfL don't know the name of their own station.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds

tufnellpark
Zone 3
Posts: 164
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 11:53
Location: Lewes, Sussex

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by tufnellpark » 20 Nov 2020, 09:40

Heathrow T4 is likely to be closed for months (or even years). I think Piccadilly line trains are still running to T4, sitting there for 7 mins (presumably with doors closed) and then continuing to Heathrow T2/3. So is a FNC still possible with a pass through at T4? If LU remove T4 trains (no one is using them beyond Hatton Cross) then will FNC stations reduce to 269?
London 16:14:10 Paris 13:23:33 Zone 1 02:36:30 Overground 09:07:35 Metrolink 05:27:56
Land's End to John O'Groats by bus 3 days, 8 hrs, 17mins

jrparkin
Zone 1
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 09:56

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by jrparkin » 20 Nov 2020, 11:04

DrainBrain wrote:
15 May 2020, 09:06
The Raven wrote:
14 May 2020, 17:09
From TfL

Temporary closure of Heathrow Terminal 4 stations: Due to a significant drop in demand, all flights to/from Heathrow Airport are operating from Terminals 2 & 5 only. The Piccadilly line and TfL Rail stations at Terminal 4 are closed until further notice. All Piccadilly line and TfL Rail services to the airport are operating to/from Heathrow T1,2,3 & 5 stations. To check flight departure and arrivals.
This is indeed what it says on the station status page. TfL don't know the name of their own station.
This depends on where you take your station names from. If it's from the actual roundel on the station platform then it's Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3. At least that's what it said on the last video I saw dated 2019
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916

RJSRdg
Zone 6
Posts: 929
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 00:35

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by RJSRdg » 20 Nov 2020, 11:05

From the original post, it would appear all train s are running to T5, and the T4 loop is not in use at all.
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge

xcooler123
Zone 5
Posts: 428
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:20
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by xcooler123 » 20 Nov 2020, 14:07

I can confirm from the WTT that they are terminating at Heathrow Terminals 2&3 then running empty round the loop with a 7 minute stop at T4. This is probably done for operational ease as they don't have to rewrite the timetable or crew diagramming. There is about 3 minutes dwell time at T2&3 which suggests that they kick everyone off so no one can visit T4 legitimately for a FNC.
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)

trains 500
Zone 2
Posts: 99
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 19:52

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by trains 500 » 20 Nov 2020, 14:24

im sure you can hide similar to the kennington loop and dlr bank turnback

jrparkin
Zone 1
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 09:56

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by jrparkin » 20 Nov 2020, 14:53

If you did this though when you arrived at Heathrow Terminal 4 for it's 3 minute stoppage are the doors going to remain closed. If so what do you put down in the logbook. From my limited experience you right down the doors closing/opening. If that never happens is that the equivalent of a pass through.
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916

trains 500
Zone 2
Posts: 99
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 19:52

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by trains 500 » 20 Nov 2020, 16:56

good point

xcooler123
Zone 5
Posts: 428
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:20
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by xcooler123 » 20 Nov 2020, 18:51

trains 500 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 14:24
im sure you can hide similar to the kennington loop and dlr bank turnback
Or they do a full check like at Wembley Park & Harrow & Wealdstone before it goes into the sidings (I don't know which one it is btw)
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)

jrparkin
Zone 1
Posts: 42
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 09:56

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by jrparkin » 20 Nov 2020, 19:26

How long does it stay in the sidings for at Harrow and Wealdstone?
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916

trains 500
Zone 2
Posts: 99
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 19:52

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by trains 500 » 20 Nov 2020, 20:12

and barking with the H&C

however with wembley, harrow and barking and even west hampstead jubilee the driver has to change ends so whats the point of doing it unlike t4 and kennington loop where driver doesnt change ends

RJSRdg
Zone 6
Posts: 929
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 00:35

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by RJSRdg » 21 Nov 2020, 00:02

xcooler123 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 14:07
I can confirm from the WTT that they are terminating at Heathrow Terminals 2&3 then running empty round the loop with a 7 minute stop at T4. This is probably done for operational ease as they don't have to rewrite the timetable or crew diagramming. There is about 3 minutes dwell time at T2&3 which suggests that they kick everyone off so no one can visit T4 legitimately for a FNC.
Isn't that going the wrong way, though? In normal times, trains would visit T4 before T2,3.
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge

RJSRdg
Zone 6
Posts: 929
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 00:35

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by RJSRdg » 21 Nov 2020, 00:07

One interesting thought about the t4 closure though - most attempts either begin or end at Heathrow, so it's possible to plan a route for the rest of the network and add Heathrow in when T4 reopens (particularly useful if the Northern Line extension opens first - gives more time to plan).

If the station being left out was one that is normally visited partway through the day, like Olympia, MHE, or one of the outer termini, it would be a lot harder to add in later.
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge

xcooler123
Zone 5
Posts: 428
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:20
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by xcooler123 » 21 Nov 2020, 03:13

RJSRdg wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 00:02
xcooler123 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 14:07
I can confirm from the WTT that they are terminating at Heathrow Terminals 2&3 then running empty round the loop with a 7 minute stop at T4. This is probably done for operational ease as they don't have to rewrite the timetable or crew diagramming. There is about 3 minutes dwell time at T2&3 which suggests that they kick everyone off so no one can visit T4 legitimately for a FNC.
Isn't that going the wrong way, though? In normal times, trains would visit T4 before T2,3.
Sorry I meant running empty from Hatton Cross to T4 then back round to T2&3. Mind was obviously not with it earlier!
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests