FNC at Home

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
RJSRdg
All Zones

FNC at Home

Post by RJSRdg »

Now that we can go outside and exercise more than once a day, here's an idea:

Do a Full Network Challenge AT (and around) HOME!

Start the clock at whatever time you would expect to start your challenge, and every time you would expect to change trains, run up and down the stairs a certain number of times. If you're doing an OSI, go for a run outside (e.g. a 1K run for North Harrow- West Harrow).

For added 'realism':

1) Have a rucksack filled with bottles of water, food, etc which you wear when running/climbing stairs etc. The contents diminish through the day as you drink/eat them.
2) Use a 'real time Tube' app so you have to react to genuine delays on the Tube.
3) Only go to the loo when you are 'at a station' with toilet facilities.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Re: FNC at Home

Post by Steeevooo »

I think people really are starting to show the effects of prolonged lockdown...
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

If you've got a shower with a sliding door you can always practicing waiting for train doors to open!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

As a couch potato (and a "fiftysomething who walks briskly" as I have mentioned previously), I'm tempted by the idea of virtual challenges, whether FNC or shorter. I'm not sure about the toilet, rucksack and shower aspects (which do sound like cabin fever setting in!), but use of a realtime tube app or live train tracking website could add interest and variety. A simple formula for OSIs and runs (eg self-selecting as fast/medium/slow) could help. Maybe realtime bus info could be used too, especially in north London. Maybe spreading over multiple days too for different sections to support personal commitments, completing within a week for example. Or maybe something involving Mini Metro (the app, not the car I learned to drive with through BSM in the 1980s).
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.