Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

tractakid wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 10:02 Easier on PC actually.

https://running-challenges.co.uk/
Thanks Andrew, I've managed to set mine up using this link. My stats aren't very impressive as I only have 6 badges.
I do like the links included to maps so you can see where you have run.
I won't go out of my way to achieve any of the badges, but it is interesting to see all the stats.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 09:25

Thanks Andrew, I've managed to set mine up using this link. My stats aren't very impressive as I only have 6 badges.
I won't go out of my way to achieve any of the badges, but it is interesting to see all the stats.
Echo that SD - same for me, if badges come along they along - otherwise not fussed really....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Come on join me as the unique one with most of the running badges.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Going Underground wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 12:00
Soup Dragon wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 09:25

Echo that SD - same for me, if badges come along they along - otherwise not fussed really....
Me too. Love the stats, but they don't dictate where I run. I just enjoy picking courses and destinations I like the look of.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Ah but there is also the flip side now I have done the running badges I can look at being londone south west south east etc. Regionnaire etc position 25 21s 16s and 51s lol
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tractakid wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 20:39
Me too. Love the stats, but they don't dictate where I run. I just enjoy picking courses and destinations I like the look of.
Yes I guess 4 things "dictate" where I run
1) If we are in London on R15 day
2) Pick one on the way to Exeter City games
3) Any Inaugurals starting within 1 hour / 60 miles away - BUT priority as above always takes preference and has done many times
4) When friends are running at the dozens of parkruns within 30-40 mins of my home, but sadly they rarely tell me :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

A blowy day at Guildford - saw Soupy at the start and briefly as he lapped me walking. Got a bit cocky and ran too much leading to me having to limp the last few hundred yards
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Iain wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 12:19 A blowy day at Guildford - saw Soupy at the start and briefly as he lapped me walking. Got a bit cocky and ran too much leading to me having to limp the last few hundred yards
Another gold gone ah well still 93 left to lose. Today was my nendy at Romsey my new nendy chippenham over 54 miles away. A nice Parkrun with revised course went wrong twice because I had gout took it relatively easy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I've heard a lot of cautionary words about the course of Walthamstow parkrun, about it being one of the dullest/least enjoyable courses out there.

Sure, it might be missing out on coastal views, and the Peter May sports centre is no castle, but the route was more interesting than expected and more than pleasant enough. Any 'dullness' was more than made up for by the wonderful atmosphere generated by the volunteers, and the presence of pacers and cake!

I really enjoyed my morning.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 14:29
Iain wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 12:19 A blowy day at Guildford - saw Soupy at the start and briefly as he lapped me walking. Got a bit cocky and ran too much leading to me having to limp the last few hundred yards
Another gold gone ah well still 93 left to lose. Today was my nendy at Romsey my new nendy chippenham over 54 miles away. A nice Parkrun with revised course went wrong twice because I had gout took it relatively easy.
Your Gold status remains unchanged, you lost Gold at Guildford, but gained Gold at Mountbatten School.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

A bumper Saturday with 14 of us out running. 7 runners took part at Walthamstow in the biggest conflict since "Battle of the Bastards" (GOT S06E09)
It proved to be a very close contest at Walthamstow with battles going on at the front and back of the field.
At the front we had Matthewcook18 (31st), Tractakid (32nd), xcooler123 (37th), Nozzacook (44th) and DrainBrain (70th)
and further back Going Underground (109th) and A2 (112th)
Tubechallengers made up almost 6% of the field.

This weeks Highlights
Geofftech took over 30 seconds off his PB, running 24:14 at Pegwell Bay
And in the Battle of the Bastards we witnessed three SB's
xcooler123 in 24:36
DarinBrain in 27:59, with 70th place also a SB
and A2 in 37:29 which is also his second fastest effort.
Andi managed a top ten finish with 8th place at Mountbatten School

Medals Update:
At Walthamstow, Matthewcook18 claims Silver with Tractakid taking Bronze, previous medalists Geofftech and Iain are now well out of contention.
At Guildford, Soup Dragon claims Gold from Andi and DrainBrain slips to Bronze, Nozzacook is now out of the Medals.
At Mountbatten School Andi gets a Gold back, with Das claiming Silver and Going Underground gets Bronze

This weeks updated table is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 29 Apr 2019, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I should point out that at Guildford I was 23m pacer so not relevant to what I could do around that course maybe 1 day I go back.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

dstock17 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 17:33 I should point out that at Guildford I was 23m pacer so not relevant to what I could do around that course maybe 1 day I go back.
The medals are just for a bit of fun really, to be honest you can't really compare performances as they are run on different days in different weather conditions and sometimes on entirely different courses. I like to set myself personal targets to aim for, which keep me focused on my running, so whilst the medals are fun they are not what drives me. I'm currently working on my Run Britain ranking with the goal to get a handicap of less than 5.8 which would get me in the top 1000 for my age category. I also have the goal to try and get an age graded 80% but would need to run 19:01 to achieve this :shock:

If you visit the Run Britain site I think it's fairly easy to register and see all your ranking details.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

dstock17 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 17:33 I should point out that at Guildford I was 23m pacer so not relevant to what I could do around that course maybe 1 day I go back.
Chill Andi it doesn't matter really.....
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Going Underground wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 23:26
Chill Andi it doesn't matter really.....
Not bothered just pointing out the fact only one of two courses I have paced at went back to the other by mistake lol.