Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
dstock17
Zone 5

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by dstock17 »

So after much deliberation I have taken out 2 nendy in as many weeks street it is
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 18:01 So after much deliberation I have taken out 2 nendy in as many weeks street it is
Fast course all grass in college grounds, not as boring as it sounds... enjoy :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

U didn't tell it was the most uneven course ever my knee cli ked out over 9 times most in pain ever been on a Parkrun so much doubt over each step
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

dstock17 wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 10:02 U didn't tell it was the most uneven course ever my knee cli ked out over 9 times most in pain ever been on a Parkrun so much doubt over each step
Seemed OK when I ran it last year - sorry to hear that :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Early start for me today, heading up to Ipswich. I thought I'd left plenty of time, but a points failure part way meant we were over half an hour late. I run/walked across Ipswich and got there just as the briefing was starting, so success!

The run was a lot hillier than I expected for that part of the country, but an interesting course with an underpass and toilet on the route (I made use of the latter on the second lap). My hamstring issue is rearing its head again, so I may just break my streak next week. That's a U, J and I nailed in the last three weeks :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Iain wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 15:18 My hamstring issue is rearing its head again, so I may just break my streak next week.
Sorry to hear this, must be annoying if you have to miss one after over a year without missing one.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

A slightly calmer week, both in terms of weather and number of runners. Just 11 of us this week.
It was a fairly uneventful week with very little to report:

This weeks highlights
Andi hobbled to another top ten place, finishing 9th in Street in 21:26
Soup Dragon not far behind, set a CB and SB at Lancing Beach in 21:30
Tractakid sets the benchmark at the inaugural Watermeadows of 24:30
Geofftech claims a SB at Jersey Farm in a time of 29:56
Going Underground racks up 200 runs since his last PB
Greatkingrat has gone 150 weeks since his last run.

Iain's run at Ipswich puts it on the medals table, giving him Bronze. Andi and Geofftech take Gold & Silver from previous runs.
Geofftech also gains another Silver for his run at Jersey Farm, Going Underground drops into Bronze and Iain drops out of the medals.

Full table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Soup Dragon wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 21:03 Tractakid sets the benchmark at the inaugural Watermeadows of 24:30
Tut tut Andrew you Inaugural chaser :wink:
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Tut tut yes for years don't go to the 1st one rd can't cope with it. This Saturday I'm going to keep my options open Kevin whilst an innaggural appeals I got Friday off so can do uber tourism.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I'm pleased to say that Watermeadows parkrun's defibrillator was provided by Linford Wood parkrun, after we were able to donate one following the successful rescue of a parkrunner last year. I was therefore present in order to take some promotional photos for Aero Healthcare to use of the handover.

Plus, I was invited 😊

A long, two year setup process meant it was fantastic to finally see the parkrun taking place! The course is four laps of the meadowland, by the river. Scenic and has a lovely community feel as you can see a lot of other runners while completing the route.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I believe there's a new parkrun starting in Seaford (East Sussex) a week tomorrow - March 2nd.

There will be rail replacement buses running between Three Bridges & Brighton and Three Bridges & Lewes so plan ahead.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

jamesthegill wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 13:06 I believe there's a new parkrun starting in Seaford (East Sussex) a week tomorrow - March 2nd.

There will be rail replacement buses running between Three Bridges & Brighton and Three Bridges & Lewes so plan ahead.
Yes indeed had this one on the radar - hoping SD might put me up Friday week then :wink:
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Going Underground wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 22:13
jamesthegill wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 13:06 I believe there's a new parkrun starting in Seaford (East Sussex) a week tomorrow - March 2nd.

Yes indeed had this one on the radar - hoping SD might put me up Friday week then :wink:
Perhaps sd can also lay on an escape room possibility?
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Today was much better could have taken the lead if a kid didn't lead me wrong at start lol. Was tentative today injury wise so took it conservative not knowing if I had same problems as last week fortunately no even had a good sprint finish must have been the tiger balm. Wotton Parkrun is one I would recommend for purists of visiting hard to get too without a car but small friendly and challenging especially muddy would be better in summer I reckon.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

My first inaugural and what a lovely run at California Country park. An unusually shaped course, pretty much flat and with a good mix of sections. I'd very much recommend a visit
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)