Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 22:51 jamesthegill ran sub 28 mins for only the 2nd time in 77 attempts.
I'll fully admit that I was dragged to this time by a friend who wanted to run with me for the last time before she moves to Manchester!

Now that my regular running buddies have moved away, and having free rail travel in the south east, I'm looking at increasing my total different parkruns. The only downside is that I'm working every other weekend!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Lovely run, mainly through the woods on trail at Aldenham this morning - got it out of the way before it turned icy
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Only seven of us out running this weekend, but what we lacked in quantity was made up for in quality.

Three runners achieved seasons best times today, including a new PB for one of the trio!

Soup Dragon (who) 20:25 at Worthing
Nozzacook 24:50 at Hearthlands (also a course best time)
Geofftech 24:10 at Victoria Dock NEW PB!!!

Congratulations to Geoff on the new PB and his third consecutive SB time.

Here is the full list.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Great going guys - boy Geoff you have found some speed :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Melksham is a lovely parkrun good support and interesting finish first person whom has given me a sprint finish in a long time I could literally hear him breathing down my neck. This sat it's Crewe 1st in North West area which is one of my goals a parkrun in each area.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Another busy week, with thirteen of us braving a chilly Saturday morning. Well done everyone for getting up and out when it would have been much easier staying in bed!

This weeks highlights:
Steeevooo ran a Seasons Best of 36:49 at Barking, his fastest time in 17 months.
Going Underground set a Course Best of 35:15 at Guildford, a big chunk of 1m5s off his previous best (set on Boxing Day 2015)
Jamesthegill also set a Course Best at Lancing Beach Green in 28:52, his third fastest run of all time.
Soup Dragon ran another Seasons Best at Worthing, shaving off just 5 seconds for a time of 20:20.
Andi secured a top 10 finish (in a field of 234) with his first run at Crewe, clocking in at 20:58.
In Course Wars, Iain has snatched bronze from Das, with a time of 33:04 at Cassiobury.
crypto added a new course, being the first to run at Cannon Hill (Birmingham), setting a benchmark of 37:12

Here are the full details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

An interesting stat of mine on courses that say slightly undulating this is the 3rd time 20m 58s. Crewe parkrun what a lovely course twisty hills downhill people to wave to on bridge sexy Marshall's and a cafe wherein don't usually drink before parkrun I did today.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Decision decision do I do cassiobury or south oxhey tomorrow
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

Green light from the physio means I actually got to run this week. Nothing fast but felt so much better
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Good news Crypto :D

Travelling further these days - down to Clair for Surrey's version of Highbury Fields. Four and a half laps with very little flat in it. Nice run though
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

A fairly quite week with no PB's CB's or SB's to report. Nice to see a marked improvement this week for Crypto after the green light from the physio.
So this weeks news is focused on Course Wars....

HIGHLIGHTS
Andi made his first run at Cassiobury and his time of 20:43 is good enough for Gold, demoting Tractakid to Silver and Going Underground to Bronze. Iain is now forced out of the medals (having only gained Bronze here last week).
Geofftech's first run at Bognor Regis in 25:21 sees him claiming Bronze and pushing Drain Brain out of medal contention.
Scrxisi becomes our first runner at Folkestone, setting the benchmark at 28:59
Finally a top ten finish for Soup Dragon (9th Place), at Bevendean Down in a time of 22:53

The full details are now available here.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Can you change my age category, I haven't been in that category for a while now sadly!

I might also see if my broken body can get round a Parkrun again soon...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Sam wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 21:18 Can you change my age category, I haven't been in that category for a while now sadly!

Updated for you Sam, now get out there and run so I can add some new data for you! My body was also broken, but I'm now getting back close to PB territory :-)
One day I shall return!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Soup Dragon wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 22:56
Sam wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 21:18 Can you change my age category, I haven't been in that category for a while now sadly!

Updated for you Sam, now get out there and run so I can add some new data for you! My body was also broken, but I'm now getting back close to PB territory :-)
Right now, I can barely walk, let alone run due to really bad pain in my thigh.
Fingers crossed I’ll be able to do something soon anyway! My body is proper broken and just getting worse but hey ho! :lol:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sam wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 23:05 Right now, I can barely walk, let alone run due to really bad pain in my thigh.
Fingers crossed I’ll be able to do something soon anyway! My body is proper broken and just getting worse but hey ho! :lol:
Echo that Sam - down to just parkrun once a week now, no midweek training due to Achilles, knee, sciatica, calf and a tadge overweight :lol:
Just plodding around as best I can and swallowing co-codamol like sweets for the last few months :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold