Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
crypto
Zone 2

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by crypto »

Still don't feel up to completing a 5k even walking, but got back to Parkrun with a volunteer morning.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Even I broke my leg I hobble round on crutches. Hampstead heath was a lovely Parkrun if a terrible start hence the time. A lot slower than usual. Although hills I powered up all of them felt really good rest next week😢😢😢 as only sat I couldn't get out working.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Plus volunteering at new Milton juniors 3rd week in a row they are training me up to a rd
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 07:08 Even I broke my leg I hobble round on crutches.
How on earth did you hobble around on crutches in 24:22 :?: :?: :?: :? :? :shock: :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Going Underground wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 14:00
dstock17 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 07:08 Even I broke my leg I hobble round on crutches.
How on earth did you hobble around on crutches in 24:22 :?: :?: :?: :? :? :shock: :shock:
Err the lady ur a quoting is a gold medal para olympian and it was a metaphor if I broke my leg I still tourist at back
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I think Andi left out an "if"

Valentine's last week and then Gladstone today - both really picturesque parks although today was significantly hillier! One runner completing Londone today, sadly we didn't get to chat. Four left for me
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Last weeks Parkrun was Thurso my 1st in Scotland every Parkrun apart from other countries and islands are now closer on the mainland.

Saturday is hilly fields and then back for film I have 2 free tickets if anybody decides late on they want to come.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Hilly fields was...hilly! Not much flat in between, but still just beat last week's time by a smidge
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Iain wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:51 Hilly fields was...hilly! Not much flat in between, but still just beat last week's time by a smidge
Man you should see Wendover Woods :shock: :shock: :!: :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Is that where you were I didn't like the 1st hill at hilly fields but the 2nd was OK. Not my best time but satisfactory and now 15 days sober.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Mile End this weekend - a two lap out and back course. Only two hills but because you do them in both directions each lap, that's eight climbs so hillier than I expected. A lovely run though, in the good company of Andi and Das
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

Made my triumphant post op return at Banbury with a blistering 42 minutes.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Morning all, this was my last week at Royal Mail so I'm hoping to have a few more Saturdays free to do Parkrun. This will depend on bookings that I have at the Escape Room that I will shortly be opening in Worthing. My first booking slot is at 10:00 so doubt I will run if I have an early booking. Today was my first Parkrun in 14 weeks, and was very happy to finish in around 22 minutes :D .

Regarding the league table, I see that this hasn't been updated since January, If tubeguru is no longer doing this I'd be happy to take over?
What do you all reckon?
One day I shall return!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Do it I miss reading others times Mr soup dragon and welcome back long time no see :o :D

Today I was at the granddaddy of them the original as you may say bushy Park what a nice course far expected to be more busier than I thought but got out all right even had a moment where I was on own I aimed for a top 250 finish considering the numbers but a top 100 I did.

I was accompanied by ur brother of all people next week a special occasion for someone.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

That would be great Soupy :D

32 mins for me today at Barking. My doc has sent me for a heart echo, which is in two weeks, so we might see if there's a reason I'm so much slower than ten months ago.

Barking was a nice two lapper, which leaves me with Greenwich left to polish off Lon=done