Third attempt - Friday 30th June

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
dstock17
Zone 5

Re: Third attempt - Friday 30th June

Post by dstock17 »

very true :D I wonder how he is doing i remember cold upminster start.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
ITFCShirts
Zone 1

Post by ITFCShirts »

Any update from Oxpeter?! I'm keen to know how it went!
andytube
Zone 2

Post by andytube »

Time to send out a search party?
Current best: 19:51:10 (2014). Hopefully that will be broken in 2018 :-)
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

any sign yet?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Oxpeter
Zone 1

Post by Oxpeter »

andytube wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 18:35 Time to send out a search party?
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your private message last week and the good luck wishes. They were much appreciated.

My challenge last Friday went well, completing with an improved time despite several chunky delays and hold-ups throughout the day. I also managed to keep to my principle of attempting the challenge at a sedate pace, walking between stations and without running in the tunnels! With the help of some sponsorship from friends, family and work colleagues, I also managed to raise some money which has been donated to the Red Cross London Fire Relief Fund, which is going towards helping those left homeless after the Grenfell Tower tragedy. All this has helped to motivate me to carry on Tube Challenging in the future.

However, I have to say I found the comments made by Dstock17 to be rather mean and uncharitable. After thinking things over for a few days, I've decided to bring my rather brief membership to an end.

I wish you all the best in your own attempt next June, Andy, and sincerely hope that your day goes well.

Kind regards,

Pete
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Oxpeter wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:42 However, I have to say I found the comments made by Dstock17 to be rather mean and uncharitable. After thinking things over for a few days, I've decided to bring my rather brief membership to an end.
Don't leave because one person decides to post a completely irrelevant comment instead of wishing you good luck. Congratulations on your completion!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

er excuse me but none of them were mentioned at yourself I just ask that people get their facts straight when it refers to the record whether you be Wikipedia a novice or anybody else also there are others other than Geoff Marshall. if u think that's mean to be ignored by a certain Twitter account then u sir have no class and no business speaking about someone u haven't met and certainly ignored if u r certain Twitter member another person who hasn't met but reserves an opinion for someone whom hasn't a clue about me.

this is also the reason I came off in the 1st place in fact I think I go again no respect here from novices. and tube geek u can butt out I have said nothing mean or harsh just facts that people seem to forget and just assume Geoff Marshall is the be or and end of tube challengers.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Well, this thread is a right bundle of laughs, isn't it. Congratulations on your improved time though, Oxpeter - and if you'd like advice for a fourth run or just to discuss this you're welcome to drop me a PM (or email if you're leaving the forum entirely).

As for the whole Geoff argument, do we have to air it in full view of everyone all the time? It's a little tedious.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

The Orange One wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 19:08 Well, this thread is a right bundle of laughs, isn't it. Congratulations on your improved time though, Oxpeter - and if you'd like advice for a fourth run or just to discuss this you're welcome to drop me a PM (or email if you're leaving the forum entirely).

As for the whole Geoff argument, do we have to air it in full view of everyone all the time? It's a little tedious.
this has nothing to do with Geoff in reality I can understand why people gravitice to Geoff in response to tube challenging I got involved in 1st place because of Geoff and the rivalry is no longer there. all I ask is people get facts straight about the challenge that includes Wikipedia whom refuse to apologise for their 8 illegal infractions in the own editing practices. you have met me Mr orange one would u say I help out tube challengers whenever I can I'm always helpful even giving out tips and possible routes but i refuse to be named in a rant from a newbie whom believes I'm rude and he doesn't even know the person behind the tube challenge. all I ask is don't knock someone whom u have never met that's an opinion that is wrong.

I'm glad oxpeter completed and stay on the forum do another challenge come to a random 15 etc just don't be opinionated on someone u have never met if u do then slate Marc gawley he is some on u haven't met and very unfriendly.
quisquidillius
Zone 3

Post by quisquidillius »

Congratulations on finishing! What was the time?
Zone 1 Challenge (Olympics 2016): 3:44:31.67 - we were very unlucky indeed!
South London Challenge (Summer 2016): 1:58:40 - going to try again soon!
All Lines Challenge (August 2016): 44:38 - happy with this ... For now!
ITFCShirts
Zone 1

Post by ITFCShirts »

Wow. Really strange how re-reading the first three posts on this thread, that there is no incorrect stating of any facts, or mention of a certain previous record holder. Not sure quite how that got out of hand.

Oxpeter - I'll add to the to the previous comments - stay on, congratulations on your completion and please let us know what your improved completion time was - several of us are very interested to find out!

Really doesn't surprise me why the forum is so quiet. I particular enjoyed the "my knowledge is being wasted" comment, when on another thread it was reiterated that newbies should learn from their own mistakes...

Perversely, it does make me want to smash the record all the more though...
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

if u look at any of my advice and it has been very generous throughout the years I have always stated that I did go out and research it myself its the only proper way to do and expierance it. for example going south at bayswater wanting to change eastbound central line. would u change at nhg. in the time it takes the train from bayswater to get to nhg I be at queensway anyway.

I have plenty of knowledge that is wasted because of people bypassing the record holders and then not stating the correct facts off forum. in sarcasm terms the original 2.70 donation comment was made because of this but as I keep saying to you all if u havent met me personally don't form opinions about someone u haven't met that's wrong! form an opinion after meeting me whether nice or not!

in response to this thread and last comment I hope u do beat it thats what were all here to do but dont rile the record holder up I might decide to come out and lower even more for example.

now well done Mr Peter on your attempt a write up would be good upminster start I did twice was very cold. can we get back to the matter in hand of your attempt thank you
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

and to show there is no rivalry this is this morning. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 153&type=3
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

This thread is intruiging. I've read it through twice and I can't see why I get drawn into this. Oxpeter didn't mention me once.

I hardly ever post on the forum anymore, but I still get dragged into things - how bizarre.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

you get drawn Geoff because unfortunately for you famous wise u get attention. and that does get resentment in some ways from present and former record holders no disrespect here. look I met you and had some discussions and meetings with you and for example I did say if u were going to chetnole in dorset for least used station i like to go along maybe u forgot that.

I respect you for what you have done in tube challenge world for example but if u were in my shoes more world records but everybody talks about Geoff if roles were reversed would u be slightly pissed off? i,m in only 7 years of tube challenging became number 1 I lost and got back and should anyone get I may go back again to reclaim.

but newbies don't give me the respect like they do you in many ways its like we cant disrespect Geoff but they do me and constantly. despite me giving more advice despite constant barrage despite constant criticism and all of people who don't know me personally or even you.