Lewisham train leaves at 14.05 from platform 4
As I'm running downstairs the buzzer starts
I have to run around the building
Hit the door open as they close.
Train pulls out.
I have 30 min wait.

And this is why Im doing this practise!
Ouch this might work on the day though that's the thing :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Elsie
Zone 3

Re: Triple Crown Day - 12th August

Post by Elsie »

Lol!

It would've been perfect had it come off. I wouldn't have minded missing the train by 5 minutes but for it to be pulling out as I got to it, so annoying! :lol:
Elsie
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Twas a good day and really glad I got to ride both the Tram and DLR networks to completion so I know to what to expect.

The District & Circle lines were out of action today via Earls Court so I went to Wimbledon on rail via Waterloo. Did all of the tram network albeit with a 45 min break in Croydon where I bought a suit. Carrying that around for the rest of the day didnt help but I needed to get it today for an interview I have to attend in Sweden.

It has been raining hard all day and so I got wet at vittually every change. I do hope it's not like this on the 12th! Missing the train at Beckenham Junction was frustrating but I have worked out a backup plan for next time. I really enjoyed the DLR experience and working out where to change, such as Stratford to Stratford International. I also know where I need to be on a tram to get off and leave the station. Today has been invaluable training!

I'm not going to give other specifics about the routes I've planned or the times I did but I now have targets I aim to improve on when we play for real!
Elsie
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

Attending; GU, dstock, RJSRdg, xcooler123, Elsie, Al, A2
parkrun @ Wanstead Flats; GU, dstock, A2
Pre challenge Spoons @ The Walnut Tree, Leytonstone; GU, dstock, xcooler123, A2
Post challenge darts @ Prince William Henry, Southwark; GU, dstock, RJSRdg, xcooler123, Al, Elsie (maybe), A2
- Andrew
roblo97
Zone 3

Post by roblo97 »

Attending; GU, dstock, RJSRdg, xcooler123, Elsie, Al, A2, Roblo97
parkrun @ Wanstead Flats; GU, dstock, A2
Pre challenge Spoons @ The Walnut Tree, Leytonstone; GU, dstock, xcooler123, A2, Roblo97 (maybe)
Post challenge darts @ Prince William Henry, Southwark; GU, dstock, RJSRdg, xcooler123, Al, Elsie (maybe), A2, Roblo97

Was the Pre challenge Spoons going to be a bit earlier than it is for the R15? I was just wondering as wanted to work out what time I'll have to try and get to the station for.
R15 PB: 2:23.23
DLR PB: 2:00:50
Bottle PB: 02:30:30
Tramlink PB: 1:55.37 (Cheers David!)
Triple Crown: 7:00.13
FNC: 18:42:50 (Cheers Andi and Josh!)
Park: 8:29:35
Z1: 02:45:54
2018 Z1 winner!
Parkrun PB: 26 minutes something
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

roblo97 wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 23:07 Was the Pre challenge Spoons going to be a bit earlier than it is for the R15? I was just wondering as wanted to work out what time I'll have to try and get to the station for.
It's about 10 minute walk from the parkrun (unless any buses run from Leytonstone High Road towards the pub?) I would guess that approx. arrival time would be around 0950-1000.... That's if we set off and leave A2 at Wanstead Flats as he will be barcode scanning so will have to wait for last runner to finish....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
roblo97
Zone 3

Post by roblo97 »

Going Underground wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 08:09
roblo97 wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 23:07 Was the Pre challenge Spoons going to be a bit earlier than it is for the R15? I was just wondering as wanted to work out what time I'll have to try and get to the station for.
It's about 10 minute walk from the parkrun (unless any buses run from Leytonstone High Road towards the pub?) I would guess that approx. arrival time would be around 0950-1000.... That's if we set off and leave A2 at Wanstead Flats as he will be barcode scanning so will have to wait for last runner to finish....
Cheers for that, I reckon I should be able to get a quick drink prior to making my way to the start station on my route.
R15 PB: 2:23.23
DLR PB: 2:00:50
Bottle PB: 02:30:30
Tramlink PB: 1:55.37 (Cheers David!)
Triple Crown: 7:00.13
FNC: 18:42:50 (Cheers Andi and Josh!)
Park: 8:29:35
Z1: 02:45:54
2018 Z1 winner!
Parkrun PB: 26 minutes something
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

It shouldn't affect us much but ...

Part Closure of Circle and H&C Lines on Sat 12th
No service between Edgeware Road & Hammersmith
Elsie
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Elsie wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 14:12 Beckenham Junction
Tram arrives at 14.04
Lewisham train leaves at 14.05 from platform 4
As I'm running downstairs the buzzer starts
I have to run around the building
Hit the door open as they close.
Train pulls out.
I have 30 min wait.

And this is why Im doing this practise!
Elsie wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 22:42 Lol!

It would've been perfect had it come off. I wouldn't have minded missing the train by 5 minutes but for it to be pulling out as I got to it, so annoying! :lol:
I am assuming the red route is the one you took given your description, try this again with the green one, I think it is quicker, certainly less stairs. It does take you around the end of here and over the bridge, so now looking at it on a map it may not be as quick (then again enun right along the edge of the road here and you have more chance!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Elsie wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 09:53 It shouldn't affect us much but ...

Man that is very close to scuppering the whole thing :shock:
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

A Challenge wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 09:20
I am assuming the red route is the one you took given your description, try this again with the green one, I think it is quicker, certainly less stairs. It does take you around the end of here and over the bridge, so now looking at it on a map it may not be as quick (then again enun right along the edge of the road here and you have more chance!
Thanks very much! The red route was the one I took - but I also lost valuable seconds looking at the screens working out what platform I needed to be on. Thanks for pointing out the green route; that might come in handy! The only good thing about missing that train though was that the station had a loo!
Elsie
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Going Underground wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 13:18
Elsie wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 09:53 It shouldn't affect us much but ...

Man that is very close to scuppering the whole thing :shock:
We just get away with it! I guess there is always the chance that engineering work is needed and doing 3 networks in one day increases the chance of us being affected. Just have to hope that nothing crops up in the next fortnight!
Elsie
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

It does mess my route up slightly as I was intending to run from Padd HC to Padd Bak - now I will need to run between the ERs and double back at Padd.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

I hate that Paddington H&C transfer to the Bakerloo so my route has a District/Circle line change to the Bakerloo this time.
Elsie
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Thinking about it, sometimes on such occasions LU go back to operating the Circle Line as a Circle. If they do that on 12th, I could do a Praed Street-Bakerloo change at Paddington as well, which takes half the time of the Edgware Road change.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!