I'm gonna do a full network

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Iain
All Zones

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by Iain »

As I understand it, no, as they need to get trains out of Lille depot and back in.

Would I replacement bus service be legit for an attempt?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

Iain wrote:As I understand it, no, as they need to get trains out of Lille depot and back in.

Your guess is as good as mine, but since the rules make reference to "track" and "doors" I'd go for no.
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

Also, I've brought down my time to 16:19:00, now 00:33:22 behind the WR
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

FelixJ20000 wrote:Also, I've brought down my time to 16:19:00, now 00:33:22 behind the WR
Just one thing... Leytonstone High Road to Leytonstone in 2 and a quarter minutes? Don't really think that's gonna happen...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

FelixJ20000 wrote:
Iain wrote:As I understand it, no, as they need to get trains out of Lille depot and back in.

Your guess is as good as mine, but since the rules make reference to "track" and "doors" I'd go for no.
I wasn#t tube challenging back then, but I seem to recall a time where you had to use one to get to part of Heathrow
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

The Orange One wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:Also, I've brought down my time to 16:19:00, now 00:33:22 behind the WR
@
Just one thing... Leytonstone High Road to Leytonstone in 2 and a quarter minutes? Don't really think that's gonna happen...
agreed on that its 800m now unless u going to Sprint it all the world record is 100sec .91 so u have to be around 30s of the fastest man on the world and I can't remember him having to dodge passengers and get out his oyster card. so that put ur loop back 20 mins perhaps causing problems?
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Re: RE: Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 »

dstock17 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:
@
agreed on that its 800m now unless u going to Sprint it all the world record is 100sec .91 so u have to be around 30s of the fastest man on the world and I can't remember him having to dodge passengers and get out his oyster card. so that put ur loop back 20 mins perhaps causing problems?
I'll probably get someone to do a gentle bit of door holding if we're late - it's all gonna be trialed first
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

FelixJ20000 wrote:
dstock17 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:
@
I'll probably get someone to do a gentle bit of door holding if we're late - it's all gonna be trialed first
That said, I've done Hanger Lane to Park Royal in 2 and a half, which is about the same distance - so it might be possible! But then getting into Leytonstone station takes longer than it seems...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Re: RE: Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by Steeevooo »

FelixJ20000 wrote:
dstock17 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:
@
I think it'll need more than a gentle bit of door holding!!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Iain wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:

I wasn#t tube challenging back then, but I seem to recall a time where you had to use one to get to part of Heathrow
Indeed!! My first GWR (with Sam, the one that broke Geoff and Neil's by 5 seconds) required us to visit T4 by replacement bus.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

judging by the write up of this attempt https://vimeo.com/pouringbeans waiting for the bus 307 at high bar net seems waste of 6 mins.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Steeevooo wrote:
Iain wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:

Indeed!! My first GWR (with Sam, the one that broke Geoff and Neil's by 5 seconds) required us to visit T4 by replacement bus.
That was what I was thinking of I think.

Question is, would it be legit when there's a timetabled tube service at certain times of the day?
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Some of your runs look tight unless you're Mo Farah.

I might try to rejig Uxbridge - trains often get held outside Uxbridge so tight changes are a gamble, but nearly ten minutes is wasting time.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Iain wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:
Iain wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:

That was what I was thinking of I think.

Question is, would it be legit when there's a timetabled tube service at certain times of the day?
No, all stations must be visited by London Underground. The T4 replacement bus was a rare exception - I think someone at Guinness was having a 'funny five minutes'!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

dstock17 wrote:judging by the write up of this attempt https://vimeo.com/pouringbeans waiting for the bus 307 at high bar net seems waste of 6 mins.
I'll run unless it's early!