Vauxhall or Waterloo to Euston

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Yorkie
Zone 3

Vauxhall or Waterloo to Euston

Post by Yorkie »

On Sunday, I've got to go from either Vauxhall or Waterloo to Euston at about 4pm.

Can anyone tell me, which route is best for ease of changing from SWT to Tube to Virgin Trains, and how long the journey is likely to take? The planner at nationalrail.co.uk wanted to give me 94 minutes, but I reckon I can do it in 32.

I've looked at the access guide, and quite frankly it's detail seems a bit too complicated, and someone with knowledge of these stations will probably know straight away. Looking at the Escalator works list, i'll probably be best avoiding Waterloo.

Thanks in anticipation
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

As you are obviously coming from a suburban service to have the option of Vauxhall I would go for that option.

You save 4 minutes going by not going into Waterloo for a start. If you do end up in Waterloo go down the stairs about half way along most of the platforms as that is the quickest way into the tube.

As for Euston: http://www.travelinescotland.com/cgi-bin/jpclient.exe
Choose Town: London and Stop Euston(Trains) and then eneter your destination and it will tell you the expected platform at euston.
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Cheers Moley, that proved very helpful.

The mind still boggles as to why nationalrail.co.uk thought i should allow more than 32 mins for the transfer. It's a 12 minute journey on the Vic line that is scheduled every 3 minutes. I think i can make it.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Yorkie, I do that journey every week on my way back from AFC Wimbledon and it is definately quicker and more reliable to go to Vauxhall then Vic Line to Euston. Simple as.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

I'd always take Vauxhall. I think the journey planner thing is working on the basis of 45 minutes for the journey (which is long, but not if you've got cases and an elderly grandmother).
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

How about Euston to Vauxhall tomorrow afternoon?
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Walk it.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

I'm going around London instead, with a friend giving me a lift part way, saves a lot of the hassle. It wasn't worth the risk with the big rucksack anyway.
What would I know? - I'm from Yorkshire for starters...