FAO all the Gills fans on here

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Re: FAO all the Gills fans on here

Post by editorsfoot »

dudey wrote: where magic Stimson will turn everything around
Hmmm :roll:

Lets hope so, if not I might have to leave a game early for the first time in over 20 years. Can't be as embarassing as last Saturday.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

:o The cheek! :o

Yeovil have plenty of fans... for now! I know of no glover called Olli though and I know quite a few :D

However, if Yeovil end up ground sharing with Bristol R*vers then they may well be losing a fan until they piss off back up the road, but we shall see :!:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Oh...bugger.

I've just worked out that I'm busy for every remaining home game - either through work, weddings or gigs :(

I'm gonna have to book time off for the Swindon game on the 26th.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Unlucky lads, thought you stood a good chance of staying up these last few weeks!
Got quite excited when I saw you were one up today, but ah well, how were the Leeds fans with you guys?
All the best for next season! :D

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

A great cup tie today proper FA Cup 3rd Round stuff.... Bad luck on the result I thought you deserved a trip upto Villa Park for a replay :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

Cheers GU

The last Gills game I set the video for was Wembley 99 :cry: so can anyone tell me was their penalty dodgy or not, I sit down at the other end, but it clearly looked dodgy to me :wink: :P
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

It was a 50-50 ball...if the same thing had happened with Jackson up the other end then we'd've been peeved if we hadn't got anything.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

jamesthegill wrote:It was a 50-50 ball...if the same thing had happened with Jackson up the other end then we'd've been peeved if we hadn't got anything.
Jackson would have dived before the bloke even got close to him :P
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

editorsfoot wrote:Cheers GU

The last Gills game I set the video for was Wembley 99 :cry: so can anyone tell me was their penalty dodgy or not, I sit down at the other end, but it clearly looked dodgy to me :wink: :P
I was sat right in front of it, definitely one of the softest penalties i've ever seen. Although i've only seen it the once, it looked at the time like a completely shameless dive. Will be watching the highlights in a bit.

Was an absolutely cracking game, we gave them the absolute run around the whole game and i thought that we played near their level for the whole 90 minutes. I've never seen such good defending at Priestfield! Had a brilliant time at the game, brilliant to see the place packed completely and the noise when we got the goal was incredible. Disappointed we couldn't get the 2-2 for the replay and a trip to Villa Park, but I hope we can carry that kind of form into the league and bounce straight back from our relegation.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I'm starting to think we can go up as Champions. Hopefully we'll wave at Swindon and Brighton as they drop down to league 2.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Not gonna happen... COME ON BRENTFORD :D

dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

jamesthegill wrote:I'm starting to think we can go up as Champions. Hopefully we'll wave at Swindon and Brighton as they drop down to league 2.
^ this

oh it will feel so good to wave at swindon on the way up after the job they did on us at the last home game last season. hopefully we'll also be meeting the scummers* in league 1 next season too. as for snatching the championship, how appealing does the game at griffin park in a couple of weeks look to be my first Gills away game :P

how bloody good does it feel to be talking realistically about a gillingham promotion for the first time in 9 years!? :D

*southampton to the uninitiated
Last edited by dudey on 17 Mar 2009, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

And, also, local derby with Charlton the fan stealing scum! Away games on the Valley Express!

I know I shouldn't get this excited, because we only get let down in the end, but still...
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I think that this little Gills sub-community is quite novel. I saw a Gills game several years ago, 2-2 at Millwall. Quite an action-packed match if I remember rightly. Then again I was only fifteen.

Hayes and Yeading also are flying at the moment...
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

I am a bit of a doom and gloom merchant and after 20 years on the rainham end I have every right to be but I think our goal difference may be our undoing for automatic promotion. Hopefully one more team will drop away soon leaving us the play offs. Roll on the next few weeks, March is being so mad this year. :P