FAO all the Gills fans on here

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

FAO all the Gills fans on here

Post by Sam »

Can your team please continue to be just as shite as Yeovil to prevent us being relegated.

Thank you 8)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
dudey
Zone 5

Re: FAO all the Gills fans on here

Post by dudey »

Right back at ya Yeovil. I know I'm worried about the mighty AFC Bournemouth on Saturday! :?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Well Bournemouth well and truely did us over on Saturday apparently, I opted to work instead.

We have Doncaster on Friday and cannot see us even scoring let alone getting a result.... I'm off to Holland on Friday to watch some decent football, PSV vs Gronigen! :D

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Not to mention poor old Steeevooo, he left us around midday on Saturday to go up to MK Dons to see the Daggers lose 4-0 :( Should have stayed in London with us :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Daggers are just a pub team anyway and over achieving :wink:

snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Sam wrote:Daggers are just a pub team anyway and over achieving :wink:
Unlike the mighty Ipswich! :wink:
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

Sam wrote:Can your team please continue to be just as shite as Yeovil to prevent us being relegated.

Thank you 8)

I don't think we will improve to be merely shite, we're really shite! Talk about kicking people when they're down (as one of players did on Saturday meaning an early bath).

Did you make it to the recent match of the century at the home of football then Sam?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Gillingham vs Yeovil?? Nah, I didn't go to that one, I decided to work instead!

I'm finding it very hard to get any inspiration to go to watch Yeovil at the moment.

In fact, i'm having a complete nightmare where football is concerned and could have 3 teams that I take an interest in relegated..... i'm starting to think it's time for a change of sport! :(

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Having gone pitchside and seen the changing rooms and other facilities and also played a fair bit of "pub" football myself you could be right there :wink:

Actually they were a very friendly lot and Steeevooo seemed to know everyone there.... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

well seeing as i come from bournemouth im glad they smashed yeovil up pity they are not so good on balancing bank sheets.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Going Underground wrote:
Having gone pitchside and seen the changing rooms and other facilities and also played a fair bit of "pub" football myself you could be right there :wink:

Actually they were a very friendly lot and Steeevooo seemed to know everyone there.... :D
Yeah the Daggers lot are a friendly bunch, I know the majority of them as well, because they actually give you the time of day unlike most of the Yeovil lot!

As for Bournemouth, they may have beaten us but I can't see them being in League 1 next season....

jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Sam, if you're coming to the Zone 1 challenge I'll introduce you to Olli, he's another Yeovil fan.

It'll be funny if there are more fans of League 1 clubs there than Premiership clubs (and I'll be counting Gills as league 1 right up until August next year, when we kick off the campaign in league 2)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
editorsfoot
Zone 5

Post by editorsfoot »

jamesthegill wrote:Sam, if you're coming to the Zone 1 challenge I'll introduce you to Olli, he's another Yeovil fan.
Surely both Yeovil fans should know each other, it can't be that hard with so few of them in the ground :P
(prepares for abuse and ducks)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

jamesthegill wrote:Sam, if you're coming to the Zone 1 challenge I'll introduce you to Olli, he's another Yeovil fan.

It'll be funny if there are more fans of League 1 clubs there than Premiership clubs (and I'll be counting Gills as league 1 right up until August next year, when we kick off the campaign in league 2)
If you do end up in league 2 at least you might have a few more away wins. I was reading an article that said so far this season there have been 168 home wins and 180 away wins. Since the football league started not one single division has ended the season with more away wins than home wins, the average is 2.24 home wins for every 1 away win.
One day I shall return!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Shhh you! I'm making use of my two weeks home to get down Priestfield both weeks for our games against Bournemouth and Carlisle where magic Stimson will turn everything around and we'll secure our League 1 spot for next season! *crosses fingers*

anyway, we might be helped further by Bournemouth possibly not even existing next season!